Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Why? Cardiff just bought Adam Le Fondre for 1m, there are good players out there and no need to spend bucket loads of cash.

It's not always about the fee - it's more often about the wage and the contract length. If (guess) Le Fondre wants £20k/w and a three year deal, that would be a £3.1m commitment just in wages (before agent's fees). So often you can almost disregard the fee in cases like that.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I'm sure spending millions on a player to replace one you hadn't sold yet would be doing things 'arse about face'

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. Example, We sold Barnes then tried to get a replacement. If we agree to Leicesters offer then we should say yes, provided we get an adequate replacement in place before the deal can go ahead.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. Example, We sold Barnes then tried to get a replacement. If we agree to Leicesters offer then we should say yes, provided we get an adequate replacement in place before the deal can go ahead.

I think we need more than one option which is all we appeared to have when Barnes left. Though it is been said that may not have been the case

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's no way on earth Leicester will pay £10m.

I can't see them paying £7m either.

But if Leo fancies the Premier League, and you'd imagine/hope he would, then you would think a deal will be struck.

£5m cash + goals / staying up / appearances bonuses and a sell-on. I imagine both parties would see that as reasonable business.

Is a far more realistic assessment than the ridiculous (but it would be great if Leicester were that stupid) - £7m-£10m.

Leicester are NOT going to up a £3m offer for a 28-year-old Championship striker, with some positive but with some poor facets to him game, by several 100% to the best part of £10m. They have the money, and there will be plenty of other strikers to pick from e.g. from PL relegated clubs, or strikers angling for a move away from other PL clubs as they are getting few starts or simply want a pay rise in light of the new enhanced Sky deal.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
i think it will be closer to 10 million than the 3 million being poked around originally. 7-7.5 million i expect he will be sold. It is a massive mark up on a man we paid £2.5 million for 18 months ago. He is at his prime and it is the one opportunity we are likely to get to make a large profit on him. That is the reality.
I would expect 4 million of that to be made available for players whilst another 3 million goes into the bank for FFP. As has been pointed out it would be a good idea to have replacements in mind but with no manager in place that seems unlikely.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is a far more realistic assessment than the ridiculous (but it would be great if Leicester were that stupid) - £7m-£10m.

Leicester are NOT going to up a £3m offer for a 28-year-old Championship striker, with some positive but with some poor facets to him game, by several 100% to the best part of £10m. They have the money, and there will be plenty of other strikers to pick from e.g. from PL relegated clubs, or strikers angling for a move away from other PL clubs as they are getting few starts or simply want a pay rise in light of the new enhanced Sky deal.

No, it really doesn't matter whether Leicester value him at £10M, if we are looking for £10M. They either come up with the money or they don't. If they do, great. If they don't, then they need to look elsewhere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, it really doesn't matter whether Leicester value him at £10M, if we are looking for £10M. They either come up with the money or they don't. If they do, great. If they don't, then they need to look elsewhere.

And when Ulloa's sold for far less that £10m? Although contractually committed to us, unfortunately, that means very little in modern football and the selling club in reality cant't name any price they want and get it. For pragmatic reasons, unwanted sales go through at prices somewhere in the middle.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cheeky bar stewards leicester.

If we say 7million then do one with offers less than that. Don't insult us.

How come posh get 10m for delight gayle

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Put together some stats on how Ulloa compares to other Championship strikers on my blog HERE. Can't help but agree with others on this thread that £10million is hugely over-optimistic as a valuation. Getting anything above £6million would be good business.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
i think it will be closer to 10 million than the 3 million being poked around originally. 7-7.5 million i expect he will be sold. It is a massive mark up on a man we paid £2.5 million for 18 months ago. He is at his prime and it is the one opportunity we are likely to get to make a large profit on him. That is the reality.
I would expect 4 million of that to be made available for players whilst another 3 million goes into the bank for FFP. As has been pointed out it would be a good idea to have replacements in mind but with no manager in place that seems unlikely.

I think it is very likely given that this is one of the most intensive periods of the year for David Burke and his analysis team

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
£4million is taking the piss and wasting our time. Wolves paid Bristol City £3.5million for Ade Akinbiyi 15 years ago FFS. Have Leicester not heard of inflation??

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And when Ulloa's sold for far less that £10m? Although contractually committed to us, unfortunately, that means very little in modern football and the selling club in reality cant't name any price they want and get it. For pragmatic reasons, unwanted sales go through at prices somewhere in the middle.

Yes, but if you're selling, you don't say you want £7M, because you'll be offered less than that. You say £10M and, secretly, you'll have a lower acceptable valuation in mind. We MUST stop undervaluing our players, especially strikers.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It will now depend on whether Ulloa's head has been turned, I presume he wants Premiership football. If he decides to go it will reduce the price if we think he will sulk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here