Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why I'm voting for UKIP

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bit of a con putting the 'other' National independents party at the top of the ballot paper to confuse a lot of people . Wonder who's idea that was ??? Hope people see through it though unless they want to vote for them of course .

So UKIP are complaining about the Alphabet? Is there anything foreign they like? Apart from the leader's wife

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
To be honest, I wasn't sure what your point was (I didn't know if you were posting a BNP link because you believe them and thought it was a proper source, or if you were nhighlighting the biased nature of the source), but it seemed like the conversation was going on just accepting that they didn't wave the flag and seemed like no one had noticed that link I posted so I was using your post as an excuse to post the link again.

I'm slightly offended but fair enough. For the record, I don't view the BNP as a legitimate news source.

My point was [MENTION=13410]Seagull[/MENTION]onthewing said, "Now I await your for excuses for this...like er that is far right propaganda."

A quick Google search showed the article he linked to came from the BNP site. I found it amusing that he doesn't see the BNP site as far right propaganda.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Oh dear.....

I unfolded the ballot paper and looked down the list looking for UKIP and couldn’t see them.

I went down the long list again and noticed a final small fold at the bottom of the ballot paper that had 4 folds. Because it was so small it didn’t naturally open.

I was beginning to think they hadn’t put up a candidate but knew that couldn’t be true.

Could be jail time for some people if this is systematic across a region, ie organised.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Oh dear.....

I unfolded the ballot paper and looked down the list looking for UKIP and couldn’t see them.

I went down the long list again and noticed a final small fold at the bottom of the ballot paper that had 4 folds. Because it was so small it didn’t naturally open.

I was beginning to think they hadn’t put up a candidate but knew that couldn’t be true.

Could be jail time for some people if this is systematic across a region, ie organised.

It says a lot about your average UKIP voter if they're being outwitted by a folded piece of paper.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
ok, let me rephrase for you under the assumption that this is not a politically motivated action:

Surely they should be competent?

Maybe, but it's not really a full-time job is it? It is a massive piece of paper though, i'm sure they used to be folded when they were handed to you, and so far it's happened couple of dozen times.

I'll be honest I'm not sure i'd want people who don't understand how paper works voting.
I can see why this would piss of UKIP though as ruling those people out would lose them a large percentage of their vote.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
oh yes, haha, how silly of me to expect a level playing field or sensible debate from those left of centre. Rest assured I've already seen the ballot papers, so know where I need to put my X.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
oh yes, haha, how silly of me to expect a level playing field or sensible debate from those left of centre. Rest assured I've already seen the ballot papers, so know where I need to put my X.

Sensible debate? At the moment 20-odd people have been handed a folded piece of paper and UKIP supporters are claiming vote-rigging.

In a restuarant the other day I was handed a menu. I walked out as the front page only had starters on it, and I fancied a main meal and a dessert.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It says a lot about your average UKIP voter if they're being outwitted by a folded piece of paper.

So you are saying its ok to fold ballot papers, against the rules, to outwit some slow or older voters?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

You would have a point if any of the UKIP supporters had bothered to reply to any of my posts actually analysing what UKIPs policies actually are. Instead what we are seeing is Das Reich and daveinprague continuing their slanging match, and people belittling each other about folded bits of paper.

You reap what you sew.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So you are saying its ok to fold ballot papers, against the rules, to outwit some slow or older voters?

No, you inferred that. It's clearly unethical if it's happening.

I was merely suggesting that if a person struggles with a folded piece of paper, I'd doubt their capacity to make an informed electoral choice.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Wasn't happy with the pencil you use to put the 'X'. I used it,, really heavy thick 'X' and went over it with a black Biro so if any smart arse tries and rubs it out and move the 'X' then they'll have a surprise :)

Don't trust anyone when it comes to ballot papers.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Wasn't happy with the pencil you use to put the 'X'. I used it,, really heavy thick 'X' and went over it with a black Biro so if any smart arse tries and rubs it out and move the 'X' then they'll have a surprise :)

Don't trust anyone when it comes to ballot papers.

Apparently the paper is void if you use ink.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You would have a point if any of the UKIP supporters had bothered to reply to any of my posts actually analysing what UKIPs policies actually are. Instead what we are seeing is Das Reich and daveinprague continuing their slanging match, and people belittling each other about folded bits of paper.

You reap what you sew.

Whats the point of looking at UKIPs policies? Its just a stalking horse for the big 2 to see which way to jump if they get a massive vote(as it seems likely).

Its a single issue protest party thats been for many people a long time coming.

If it puts the grauniad readers of their morning meusli reading the headlines tomorrow then all the better.

But seeing it an EU scam the votes wont be counted or reported to the weekend. As they gave out pencils in booths this gives plenty of time to make corrections on the papers from the clever voters who found the secret fold.

Do you see why the EU is seen as a bit of a joke? They may as well installl Robert Mugabee in power given that the UK is a defacto banana republic. Mind you the EU "president" is elected like a pope by various countries bishops/leaders. Who sane wants all this crAP?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
UKIP is a joke. I can't believe they are actually popular. They don't support any mega-construction projects like HS2 or anything progressive in general. If they could they would fill up the channel tunnel.

Only the moron demographic see him down the pub smoking a fag and drinking beer on the TV and think of him as some kind of working-class hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here