Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Perez

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Duffy's first game wasn't convincing.

Danny Holla's was, then look what happened.

Propper was poor yesterday, though i think Sidwell should have started, so Propper got another week under his belt.

Give him a few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that Propper, Gross and Stephens will all accept that they will get less time on the ball and adjust their play to accommodate that

Yes. Gross had been excellent until yesterday, and even then he still hit some good passes and burst forward a few times.

This was against one of the best teams in the world.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Propper was poor yesterday, though i think Sidwell should have started, so Propper got another week under his belt.

Give him a few games.

As said elsewhere teams like Brighton don't potentially spend £10m on a match fit player who needs time or hiding from the big boys.

Sure hindsight says it was a game for Sidwell, but everything is easier in hindsight.
Even then and without hindsight,De Bruyne would have freekicked City to victory with Sidders playing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Give him a few games.

I thought a game like yesterday needed the experience of Sidwell especially with Propper being a few days into the club and had no game time with us at all. That said Bruno made a dodgy pass too that put us on the back foot and it was Stephens lack of awareness that directly led to the goal. I do like what Sidwell brings to the pitch and maybe if Brown hadn't been taken off he may have come on later to change the game like he did against Athletico Madrid..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yesterday when Paul Barber was on BT Sport after the match he was quizzed about new signings, he spoke about Quizwhatisname but then went on to talk about another striker, no name or cost but he hinted that they are going big (we have to)
I'm sure that's what I heared but without looking through all the threads nobody seems to have mentioned this, so maybe I was hearing things.
I recorded it all so I will have another look and check.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As said elsewhere teams like Brighton don't potentially spend £10m on a match fit player who needs time or hiding from the big boys.

Sure hindsight says it was a game for Sidwell, but everything is easier in hindsight.
Even then and without hindsight,De Bruyne would have freekicked City to victory with Sidders playing.

Well based on yesterday he does.

Re, Sidwell, very hypothetical, though he is capable, but we did give De Bruyne a couple of chances in any case.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Yesterday when Paul Barber was on BT Sport after the match he was quizzed about new signings, he spoke about Quizwhatisname but then went on to talk about another striker, no name or cost but he hinted that they are going big (we have to)
I'm sure that's what I heared but without looking through all the threads nobody seems to have mentioned this, so maybe I was hearing things.
I recorded it all so I will have another look and check.

Please check and post video if you can as the Mrs was rabbiting after the game finished and I missed much of the post game analysis

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He isn't worth 20 million, they paid 17 didn't they? They're on drugs if they think they can get 35 million for Perez and Gibbs. I'd offer 10 with clauses going to 15 and see what they say for Perez. He'd be a great great signing but not for 20 million. Jokers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Please check and post video if you can as the Mrs was rabbiting after the game finished and I missed much of the post game analysis

CH was asked by Lampard, and was explicit that we needed someone up front with pace and 'will be trying our hardest over the next couple of weeks'

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
CH was asked by Lampard, and was explicit that we needed someone up front with pace and 'will be trying our hardest over the next couple of weeks'

Yes he did, but then Barber waltzed in to the studio and was quizzed as I said a few posts back.
I am sure he said that we are very close to getting a No 9 for many ackers.
My daughter was having a teenage meltdown at the time so it was a bit noisy.
But I will check as soon as I can.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes he did, but then Barber waltzed in to the studio and was quizzed as I said a few posts back.

Didn't see it.....my BT recording ended before that happened.......

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

You are correct. He said they have one particular striker signing in mind and they were doing all they could to get it over the line in the next week or so.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In among the general slating of Propper for not looking immediately brilliant against one of the world's best midfields in his first game in English football as part of a team he's never played for before, thought there were some positives. Namely, a good, crunching tackle early on suggesting he's brave enough. A willingness to get forward more than our existing central players (closest to connecting with Suttner's cross and a decent shot in that second half flurry). The ability he showed in one good run to drift past players - something we'll hopefully see more of against lesser opponents.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In among the general slating of Propper for not looking immediately brilliant against one of the world's best midfields in his first game in English football as part of a team he's never played for before, thought there were some positives. Namely, a good, crunching tackle early on suggesting he's brave enough. A willingness to get forward more than our existing central players (closest to connecting with Suttner's cross and a decent shot in that second half flurry). The ability he showed in one good run to drift past players - something we'll hopefully see more of against lesser opponents.

And I could not help laughing that they had Yaya Toure on the bench, just in case they needed him to help out the midfield.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here