Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Gotta say really enjoying THIS on Netflix. Huge dollops of US unbelievable schlock, but strangely watchable nonetheless.

MV5BMTY5NzYzODU4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA1MjUwMDI@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Thanks THPP. I've made it through the first five episodes today. Enjoying it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but I am watching Start Up St the moment. About a woman who invented a new coin to rival bitcoin called gencoin. She is trying to get money to start the business up and inadvertently ends up with cash from gangs to start it. Very good series so far, I'm on episode 4 or 5.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Very much enjoying the first two episodes of sci-fi / psychological thriller 'Legion' on Fox. New series connected to X-men / Marvel comics stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Second season of Hand of God out on Amazon, really good. Coming to the end of Black Sails which has been brilliant. Legion is watchable but very odd!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm in the middle of summarising this thread for convenience sake (I'll post it soon) and I've just realised how many recommendations here have been absolutely brilliant, how many things I would never have come across.

In the meantime, and psyched from the news that Bryan Cranston will be treading the boards in London this year, I came across "Sneaky Pete" (I recommend the Guardian's catch up section for bits and bobs too - https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/series/tv-and-radio-catch-up-guide), featuring Him playing a nasty gangster type fella, and (apparently) Courtney Cox's on-screen brother in Friends as a con artist in literal debt to him.

It's rollicking stuff, with plenty of con-moments, oodles of cleverly overlapping plots, tension, chuckles... I suppose "mild peril", as the film posters have it these days. I'm on episode 9 of 10 and don't really want it to end.

Thanks

Just started watching this and love it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh me and the kids are really enjoying Netflix's version of lemony snicket a series of unfortunate events.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
IMDb rating of 8.8/10 - critically acclaimed....

And who are these critics that we should take their acclaim as anything of worth?

Titanic was critically acclaimed yet I thought it was an over hyped pile of chick flick excrement.

Legion is a total head **** mess of a script that compared to other Marvel stories has very little entertainment value because it's so hard to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh man, a couple of Irish films for you, on NetFlix

On the back of watching the excellent Sing Street, NetFlix recommended:-

The-Young-Offenders.jpg

and bloody funny it is too.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Whoever recommended The Mick a couple of months back (I still cannot figure out the search function) - all my hats off to you. Is eclipsing "It's Always Sunny...". Very funny.

They're also onto episode 15 of the first series, so if you can catch it, there's an enjoyable few hours for you right there.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
"American Gods" has just kicked off out here. Interesting mix of sci-fi, supernatural and horror.

Ian McShane pretty much stole the first episode

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"American Gods" has just kicked off out here. Interesting mix of sci-fi, supernatural and horror.

Ian McShane pretty much stole the first episode

On your say so I watched the first episode.
Before I watch the second, I have one tiny little question to ask:-

'What the fook was that all about'?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Closer to home:-

Murder-In-Successville-3-Review-1024x412.jpg

is back on BBC3.

Have watched the first 2 episodes and they are very funny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here