Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've just wandered around 'Tomorrow's World' or whatever it's called in Preston Park

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I paid under £60 for just the Saturday, lured by the prospect of seeing Brian Wilson. A curious, and slightly surreal event, but worth absolutely every penny to see a (still just) living legend. Otherwise, a fairly mediocre affair. And not sure who the "together the people" title was dreamt up by. Typical, overpriced, poncy, Brighton twaddle catering for the trendy, grungy, but none the less wealthy middle classes. Had to nip out a couple of times for an affordable pint.

Oh, but Brian...what a guy!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seemed very thinly spread over two days. Though it's early days, only their second year, and the organisers will hopefully learn a bit more from the pricing and content and decide what they actually want the festival to be. Maybe they could take a few pointers in that direction from Pride, who on the face of it have a much larger outlay and still manage to hold the ticket price down to something more affordable. Meanwhile, Together The People appears to me to be a very welcome addition to the local calendar.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Seemed very thinly spread over two days. Though it's early days, only their second year, and the organisers will hopefully learn a bit more from the pricing and content and decide what they actually want the festival to be. Maybe they could take a few pointers in that direction from Pride, who on the face of it have a much larger outlay and still manage to hold the ticket price down to something more affordable. Meanwhile, Together The People appears to me to be a very welcome addition to the local calendar.

Be amazed if it happens again. Plus preston park is no venue for this, quite a big reason for not wanting to go. Even skipped the 30 quid flash sale tickets.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Be amazed if it happens again. Plus preston park is no venue for this, quite a big reason for not wanting to go. Even skipped the 30 quid flash sale tickets.

Why? It has a slight slope so enables good views for all. I liked the fact that when one band finished on one stage, another started, so could see all the bands I wanted to.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I went yesterday and caught Songhoy Blues, Hooky, The Horrors & Suede. Well worth the half price I paid for the ticket.

Never would have paid full price though. I'd seen Brian Wilson before, a few years back and he may as well have not been there.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I don't know, aside from Brian Wilson, I reckon you'd be surprised at how reasonable the fees would be for the rest of the acts, especially given that most of them have an existing relationship with One Inch Badge, who book it.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I don't know, aside from Brian Wilson, I reckon you'd be surprised at how reasonable the fees would be for the rest of the acts, especially given that most of them have an existing relationship with One Inch Badge, who book it.

The fees are probably next to nothing knowing OIB, couple of beers and be thankful we've allowed you to be part of something the mighty have organised...

Anyway, I always muddle the title up with 'we the people' from taxi driver, other than that, too expensive in my eyes. I wanted to get a ticket to see Brian Wilson but not at that price. Luckily if I sat in the porch in my garden I could hear the lot for nothing. Not gonna pretend it was as good as actually being there but I could hear it all clearly and I thought Brian Wilson sounded amazing. I'd definitely look more closely at going next year if they lowered the ticket prices to a reasonable amount.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Like others, I would love to have seen Brian Wilson and Suede, but the price per day was crazy when you compare it to other city festival offerings. Hope it happens again, hope they lower the price and put a bit more on, and it becomes a success. Oh, and they need to find a venue that has a later curfew as well, would feel pretty anti-climactic all shuffling home at 10pm.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Which was the point I finally (I guess later than everybody else) realised that Timmy's HB&B persona is just a spoof account, nothing more nothing less.

Quite why he still gets 'fed' by the rest of NSC is beyond me.

Ernest mark 2 maybe,just not intentionally funny.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, I really am an insular little hermit as despite the fact I live in Fiveways I didn't know it was on, I would have liked to have seen Brian Wilson - although judging by this thread once I'd seen the ticket prices and the rest of the bill I would have given it a miss.

We were away for the weekend and we wondered what all the noise was drifting up the Drove when we came back early on Sunday evening. My wife said it was something to do with Pride!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It was a pretty good weekend, albeit on the pricey side. Really enjoyed Hooky and great to see Brian Wilson who surely cannot continue playing gigs for too much longer. Got Gaz Coombes to sign an album and he was very nice with my son. I'd go again, but I'd hold fire a bit to see if I could get a half-price ticket. Don't know if attendance was way off what they hoped for or not, but it was a nice manageable size, easy to get a decent view of the bands and without massive queues for everything. Probably half full then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here