Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt...

Banter

Jan 4, 2015
If we were further up the table he would play more often. A Bit of a luxury but he should still be in the squad.

Banter

Jan 4, 2015
If we had a clinical striker in front of him he would be getting assists for fun!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If we had a clinical striker in front of him he would be getting assists for fun!

Absolute bollocks he's played at plenty of clubs with decent strikers it hasn't changed a thing. He's 31 for christ sake he's spent his entire career being slow and lazy woefully inconsistent I just cannot understand why any thinks anything is going to change here and now when absolutely no inclination has been shown that he might even want to do that.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has delivered nothing so far and sadly that is what he will deliver if he plays again

Banter

Jan 4, 2015

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This season it would have read 13 appearances and 3 or 4 assists if we had strikers with some anticipation or ambition. I agree that his last few appearances haven't been great, though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Absolute fancy dan with no end product. Doesn't defend at all.

I would have him on the bench though, a player to bring on in the last 20 minutes if you are struggling to break a side down. I'd imagine that's what he was signed to do as well.

Anyone claiming he should start needs to watch the game a bit more carefully.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
By far our best creative player but why is he not getting in a team which is lacking creativity?!

Is that on FIFA 15 ?....only seen him create 1 chance when he went mental when the forwards were not in the box to tap it in.
Would not be in my squad or club...

He has delivered nothing so far and sadly that is what he will deliver if he plays again

Equaliser against Reading? He's had precious few chances and has on most occasions looked a threat. Agreed there is a problem of fitness but how many in our squad would I boot out before reaching him

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I must say that all the times I've seen him play, (I came away mid November) I just couldn't see what the fuss was about. I think the NSK or whoever they are seemed so desperate for a new cult hero that he seemed to fit the bill......except he's just quite a poor very unfit excuse for a footballer.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
By far our best creative player but why is he not getting in a team which is lacking creativity?!
Same as Kemy. Not fit enough for pro football. Incidentally, best laugh of the week was seeing a photo in The Argus of Kemy at - the opening of an all you can eat restaurant :D

BHA Haywards Heath

Jan 31, 2012
I don't think anyone who initially sang the McCourt chant which began the desire to see him play ever took it particularly seriously. I always thought that it was just a joke, maybe I was wrong. Though based on what we have seen of him, I really hope it was a joke...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here