Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa tickets

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Depending on the date you purchased you can get your bank to claim back the transaction from SeatWave although it has to be after 14 days. Barclays have repaid all of the money from SeatWave back into my account this afternoon after a phone call to their online baking team as SeatWave are not fulfilling the purchase rights to the tickets.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Depending on the date you purchased you can get your bank to claim back the transaction from SeatWave although it has to be after 14 days. Barclays have repaid all of the money from SeatWave back into my account this afternoon after a phone call to their online baking team as SeatWave are not fulfilling the purchase rights to the tickets.

It's reassuring to know that Barclays has an online baking team one can turn to if disaster strikes in the kitchen.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So that's a..
ff39755352bd6cbdb42d41572c1ff4f8.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Languishing in the second tier. It's hard to believe they once won the league and the European Cup-cake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Languishing in the second tier. It's hard to believe they once won the league and the European Cup-cake.

Actually went to their European Cup Final against Bayern Munich in Rotterdam, tedious game as well but job done

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Will be loads about after we win sat,that's 100%

Yep, suspect you're right.

Win on Sat (or Toon lose on Fri), and the Villa game becomes the very definition of a dead rubber...

Still be fun for fancy dress and a celebration, but nothing hanging on the result. Quite a few ticket holders would chuck it in, imo.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
This has appeared on their Official Site since April 10th and is still there under Ticket News. Seems to say anybody can buy from Tuesday 18th.

Villa v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship
Villa Park
Sunday May 7
Kick-off: 12noon
Prices: £23 to £33 (adults), £20 to £33 (concessions), £15 to £28 (U18s), £10 to £28 (U8s), £30 to £36 (adult and junior (U18) combo)
Wheelchair Tickets: Available by calling the Consumer Sales Department on 0333 323 1874
Monday April 10 from 5pm online/Tuesday April 11 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders and Villa Cash members
Wednesday April 12 from 5pm online/Thursday April 13 phone or in person: On sale to supporters with an Aston Villa booking history
Tuesday April 18 from 5pm online/Wednesday April 19 phone or in person: On general sale
Post: Only tickets purchased before 3.30pm on Thursday May 4 will be posted to supporters. All tickets purchased after this deadline will be available for collection only - or you can Print at Home if you book online and have access to a printer.
Collections: Supporters are advised to collect their tickets as early as possible to avoid the disappointment of missing kick-off. Tickets can be collected from the Villa Village Ticket Office up to 9.30am on matchday after which point, tickets can only be collected from the Trinity Road Ticket Office which will be open from 10am.
To buy tickets, head to Villa Park ticket office, contact 0333 323 1874 or visit our ONLINE BOX OFFICE.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This has appeared on their Official Site since April 10th and is still there under Ticket News. Seems to say anybody can buy from Tuesday 18th.

Villa v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship
Villa Park
Sunday May 7
Kick-off: 12noon
Prices: £23 to £33 (adults), £20 to £33 (concessions), £15 to £28 (U18s), £10 to £28 (U8s), £30 to £36 (adult and junior (U18) combo)
Wheelchair Tickets: Available by calling the Consumer Sales Department on 0333 323 1874
Monday April 10 from 5pm online/Tuesday April 11 phone or in person: On sale to 2016/17 season ticket holders and Villa Cash members
Wednesday April 12 from 5pm online/Thursday April 13 phone or in person: On sale to supporters with an Aston Villa booking history
Tuesday April 18 from 5pm online/Wednesday April 19 phone or in person: On general sale
Post: Only tickets purchased before 3.30pm on Thursday May 4 will be posted to supporters. All tickets purchased after this deadline will be available for collection only - or you can Print at Home if you book online and have access to a printer.
Collections: Supporters are advised to collect their tickets as early as possible to avoid the disappointment of missing kick-off. Tickets can be collected from the Villa Village Ticket Office up to 9.30am on matchday after which point, tickets can only be collected from the Trinity Road Ticket Office which will be open from 10am.
To buy tickets, head to Villa Park ticket office, contact 0333 323 1874 or visit our ONLINE BOX OFFICE.

Save you're money and give it to the Albion instead. Small minded club, in a small minded part of the world

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Spoken with HSBC. They have opened a case. Seems clear that they should refund the money if I wasn't eligible (no previous booking history). They simply aren't allowed to take the money then refuse to provide the services. The T&C does complicate this because Villa may claim that they are not in breach of the contract, but the law revolves around being reasonable. Is it reasonable to take the money and then refuse to refund if I don't meet their criteria? Of course not. There's also the issue of them changing the T&C's. There was no mention of BHA when I read the terms - which I did do.

I'll update when things move forward. Good luck folks - don't let AVFC get away with this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I tried to buy a couple of tickets in the Middlesborough end last season for a couple of mates who didn't have the points. They picked up on it, cancelled the tickets AND refunded. Surely that should be the standard approach.

guano

Mar 31, 2011
I've opened a dispute on paypal and will update.

Same for me and if they haven't changed the T&C's, they've at least not made a key eligibility criteria clear at the point of sale.

I've attacked on all fronts; complaint email to AVFC, registered complaint with credit card company and have raised dispute with Paypal.

I agree that it's unreasonable not to issue a refund, even a refund less an admin charge I would consider reasonable. A dead flat NO Refund policy is a shocking stance and could easily be viewed as deliberate profiteering from rival fans.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Same here three tickets paid for only now no tickets as did not meet their criteria when I booked and paid for them on Seatwave no mention of criteria as such I want my money back have requested this and now await a reply will update progress

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I got my refund today within hours of complaining on PayPal that their T&Cs had changed since the purchase was made.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here