Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere tonight

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was building up quite well before kick off then we had to go into cringe mode with ****ing fanzone, words to GOSBTS and ring of ****ing fire which I don't mind if its not aided by the stadium sound system, proper cringe.:facepalm:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Travelling fans of top of the table Bournemouth, who have now won their away games against the bottom 10 by some ridiculous margin, were in obviously confident and buoyant mood.

I agree that it would have been nice to have allowed a very decent organic atmosphere to develop and take its own course.

The people running the PA do it along very straight lines and are not very good at it.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I thought atmosphere was decent for first 20 mins or so. & bmuff weren't up to much (until they scored)

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Does anyone on this forum actually go to the North Stand? Atmosphere was perfectly fine there until they scored, while I could barely hear a pin drop from Bournemouth until they scored.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thought the north and west stand were as loud as I have heard at times during the first 30 minutes. The whole of the north seemed to be in. Unison for once. Good atmosphere up until the first goal. Horrible after that, but not surprising really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought the north and west stand were as loud as I have heard at times during the first 30 minutes. The whole of the north seemed to be in. Unison for once. Good atmosphere up until the first goal. Horrible after that, but not surprising really.

Agreed. One of the better home showings this season by the faithful

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was building up quite well before kick off then we had to go into cringe mode with ****ing fanzone, words to GOSBTS and ring of ****ing fire which I don't mind if its not aided by the stadium sound system, proper cringe.:facepalm:
Really, they were hardly any home fans in the stadium until about 20 seconds to ko.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Couldn't disagree more-I thought fanzone, GOSBTS and Ring of Fire got the fans nicely in the mood and helped make for one of the best atmospheres we've had for a while-at least until Bournemouth scored. I would just like Ring of Fire to finish a few seconds earlier just to give us a chance for a pre-kick off roar. But there was zero atmosphere before the players came out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Couldn't disagree more-I thought fanzone, GOSBTS and Ring of Fire got the fans nicely in the mood and helped make for one of the best atmospheres we've had for a while-at least until Bournemouth scored. I would just like Ring of Fire to finish a few seconds earlier just to give us a chance for a pre-kick off roar. But there was zero atmosphere before the players came out.

Yes this.

Bournemouth's support seemed to dry up at the point of kick-off, right up until they scored. Would have thought they would bring more support and sell their 3000 allocation, but I suppose Sky etc.... I guess 1499 is just over 10% of their average attendance.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sitting bang on the halfway line I'd say that the south stand was much much louder than the north one. We needn't beat ourselves up about it.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Lets face they had more to shout about than us, but saying that, the North stand tonight was for once more together with the chanting last night, it was a good atmosphere. Glad I went instead of staying at home to watch the game on tv.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Thought it was average to poor atmosphere coming over on TV. I think it looks like Brighton fans have got a warped view of what makes a good atmosphere. Aaaallllbbbioon aaaalllbiiion for one minute does not tick the cracking atmosphere box. It seems the playing staff are not the only ones to lose the plot.

And you support?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here