Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Dec 29, 2011
My next pick is a forward who usually plays as a left or right sided winger. he is known for his dribbling skills, speed, crossing ability and his accurate left foot long-range shots from the right wing.

He helped Chelsea bring home two consecutive Premier League titles (2004–05, 2005–06) and he had a win rate of 82% whilst playing Premier League matches only for them

He has also won FA Cup (2006–07) the Football League Cup (2004–05, 2006–07) and the FA Community Shield (2005) whilst at Chelsea

After leaving Chelsea he has since won La Liga (2007–08) and the Supercopa de España (2008) with Real Madrid and at Bayern Munich he has won: Bundesliga: 2009–10, 2012–13, 2013–14. DFB-Pokal: 2009–10, 2012–13, 2013–14. DFB-Supercup: 2010, 2012 UEFA Champions League: 2012–13 and was Runner-up: 2009–10, 2011–12 UEFA Super Cup: 2013 and FIFA Club World Cup: 2013.

He has appeared at the 2004, 2008 and 2012 UEFA European Championships, and the 2006, 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups. He has finished the FIFA World Cup as Runner-up 2010 and in Third Place 2014.

Fitting in my team in either the 'has reached the World Cup final' category or into the 'has won another top league category'

My next pick is:
ARJEN ROBBEN
0%252C%252C10268%257E8963951%252C00.jpg

[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION] you're up.

Very nice. Not only to get Robben, but also to get him this far in the game. I've got a good one in my head who was a world class player and fills many of the categories, I wonder how long until someone gets him.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Made sure my Gif didn't show who it was, but King completely OWNS Robben there.

If it really is those 2 players in that gif, thats a one off incident and anyway, how likely is it that the one game of the season that Ledley King will be fit enough to play will be against the team with Robben in (clue: nearly as likely as finding rocking horsse droppings)

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
It is starting to get difficult to find world class players, but I think I have found one who will get me goals. He has played for 3 massive Premier League clubs in the shape of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City and loves scoring goals wherever he plays. I need more goals and this man will provide.

Leading the line is Nicolas Anelka

o_chelsea_fc_nicolas_anelka-3708292.jpg
[MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION], you are up.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
My next pick was a key member of the team which kicked off an era of Premier League dominance. Forget his managerial record, he was a seriously good player, and of course every team needs a midfielder called Ince.

Ince.jpeg
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], your turn.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
My next pick was a key member of the team which kicked off an era of Premier League dominance. Forget his managerial record, he was a seriously good player, and of course every team needs a midfielder called Ince.

View attachment 62906
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], your turn.

You know how you can now ban users from a thread? Well, I'm sorely, sorely tempted to request that you're banned from this thread,

:tantrum:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK, I'm going for someone who only came to the Premier League in the Summer and has been one of the undoubted stars of the season so far. Assuming he can escape Rohan Ince's pocket in time for kickoff, he'll be free to create havoc and lay chances on a plate for my strikers.

He is, of course, ALEXIS SANCHEZ.

Over to [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] for two picks.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It is starting to get difficult to find world class players, but I think I have found one who will get me goals. He has played for 3 massive Premier League clubs in the shape of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City and loves scoring goals wherever he plays. I need more goals and this man will provide.

Leading the line is Nicolas Anelka

It was a tough choice in the last round and Anelka was of my listed players that i had a choice between and someone i knew wouldn't last until my next pick.

I still have 7 left as my main choices and a fair few fringe players as back up but it's difficult to know which order to pick them in and which will last until my next go.

I thought Robben was someone i needed, someone who had been forgotten about but wouldn't last very much longer hence why he was chosen above the rest. I just hope i still have plenty of choice for my next selection from my main list.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

And another one already bites the dust...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've got a brilliant one in my head, and if ANYONE dares pick him between now and my turn I shall be absolutely gutted. Seriously livid as he ticks so so so many boxes!!!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm torn between two players for my next one - almost hoping Gazwag picks one of them so that the choice is made for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] has until 00:15 to make his two picks, and [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] still has a pick to catch up on I believe.

[MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] still has a catch-up pick as well when his ban expires.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Two defenders for my team now....

Played for Sheffield Wednesday in the Premier league for six seasons before he was relegated with them and has his very own unique song

You'll never beat DES WALKER

1257785_12356937_lz.jpg
1953-lsh.jpg

Next has visited the Amex as a manager but also played against Brighton for Birmingham City.

He is remembered for being a massively successful centre back playing for Manchester United. Played 311 premier league matches for United and scored 36 goals.

Has three Premier league titles, three FA cup wins, a league cup win, a cup winners cup and super cup win.

Who ate all the pies, its STEVE BRUCE

13247-zoom.jpg

[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seeing as we're putting together squads and not just teams, I'm going to pick the man who is surely the best substitute striker in Premier League history, and no slouch when it came to starting games either.

He is 'The Baby-Faced Assassin' OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER.

The pick now passes to [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION], with [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] still having picks to make when they're available.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It's difficult to explain to the younger supporter just how insanely exciting some of the early overseas signings were, and how mad it was for a Brazilian international to rock up at Middlesbrough. Not only was he a great player, he also had a fantastic attitude and heart, and was visibly distraught when his team was relegated in 1997. He was part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup winning team as well, so all told a superb addition to my team. He is, of course, Juninho.

Juninho cup.jpeg
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION], your turn. Reminder as well to [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION]

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's difficult to explain to the younger supporter just how insanely exciting some of the early overseas signings were, and how mad it was for a Brazilian international to rock up at Middlesbrough. Not only was he a great player, he also had a fantastic attitude and heart, and was visibly distraught when his team was relegated in 1997. He was part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup winning team as well, so all told a superb addition to my team. He is, of course, Juninho.

View attachment 62915
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION], your turn. Reminder as well to [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION]
This pick has irritated me, I was so sure I had him this round :(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION] has until 11:30 to make his choice, and [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] have catch-up picks to make.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION] has until 11:30 to make his choice, and [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] have catch-up picks to make.

Does a players time limit start from when a notification is sent or when the previous persons turn is over? (Just seeking clarification)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here