Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Say a little prayer.Trapped in a cave.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Sky news reporting break for cave divers as 10 hours needed to prepare for next part of rescue 8 boys and I coach remain
So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
He's coming home.

Wouldn't be a wonderful story for these boys to attend the World Cup final,found by British divers and England in the final. It,s been a decent sporting event so far and this would just add such a human story feel good factor.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wouldn't be a wonderful story for these boys to attend the World Cup final,found by British divers and England in the final. It,s been a decent sporting event so far and this would just add such a human story feel good factor.

It would and it's a decent gesture, but, mentally and physically, will they be ready for the worlds media just a week away? Plus, more boys and the teacher still have to be rescued. I think it will come too soon for them to be in Russia by next Sunday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would and it's a decent gesture, but, mentally will they be ready for the worlds media just a week away? Plus, more boys and the teacher still have to be rescued. I think it will come to soon for them to be in Russia.

And from the letters all most of them want are their families and a trip to some fried chicken place.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Feel for them but I don't think a prayer is going to do any good. Hope they all get out ok.

I'm a staunch atheist but I still resort to prayer in times of desperation....just in case.

As Nick Cave states in the first line of "Into My Arms"...."I don't believe in an interventionist God...but if I did....."

Edit: No pun intended with my choice of reference. It was only after I posted that I realised the coincidence of his surname.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Amazing.

wcueu5w14n811.jpg
I wonder how accurate the reporting is of the choke point. I understood that there was a section where the divers had to take their tanks off, but not that it was underwater. If that's accurate, it's just incredible that the first divers got through, without knowing anything about the cave. I'm feeling claustrophobic thinking about it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I wonder how accurate the reporting is of the choke point. I understood that there was a section where the divers had to take their tanks off, but not that it was underwater. If that's accurate, it's just incredible that the first divers got through, without knowing anything about the cave. I'm feeling claustrophobic thinking about it.
Cave divers are nuts. I've met a few who do it for "sport". As such it's one of the most dangerous sports in the world.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looking at what the kids are having to go through they are either very brave or are being given some kind of sedative to get them through there? No way I could do it without going into a panic attack putting everybody at risk?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On the whole, children don't have the same sense of fear or awareness of negative consequences as adults do. They live more 'in the moment' as they don't have so many life experiences to draw on as older people. They also instinctively place trust those coming to their aid more than adults naturally do. This looks like a mission from hell, but I am sure that leading a group of children to safety will be easier than had they been adults.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On the whole, children don't have the same sense of fear or awareness of negative consequences as adults do. They live more 'in the moment' as they don't have so many life experiences to draw on as older people. They also instinctively place trust those coming to their aid more than adults naturally do. This looks like a mission from hell, but I am sure that leading a group of children to safety will be easier than had they been adults.

Good point. Can you imagine leading a random group of NSCers? Everybody would have an opinion, several would know better than the experts, one or two wouldn’t accept a wet suit if it had an iron-on sponsors’ logo ....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Good points from [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION].

Hope that's the case and they're all out safe and sound soon.

Apparently 4 are out but they now need a 10 hr break to recover/set up next set of rescues

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Good point. Can you imagine leading a random group of NSCers? Everybody would have an opinion, several would know better than the experts, one or two wouldn’t accept a wet suit if it had an iron-on sponsors’ logo ....

I wouldn't wear a wet suit that had been ironed

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I wonder, are they telling them they have been invited to the WC final once they've got them out? Imagine being told you've been invited then can't get out of there in time. :sick:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Every rescue will make every subsequent rescue more probable. Imagine being a child in there now KNOWING that you will get out, because your mates have.

This is great. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that there will be no problems.

Don't underestimate the problems. Of course confidence is needed, but don't forget one of the Thai Navy seals has already died when trying to take oxygen into the cave.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Good news. Although there have been overnight rains, the levels in the caves haven't risen any higher, so today's rescues are still on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here