Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] VAR does not work for England

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They rig elections without batting an eyelid. If you think for one moment they couldn't or wouldn't influence the outcome of the WC you're gravely naive.

Must of missed that.

Putin wins elections hands down as he's immensely popular.

Anybody who acts to stop US hegemony in the middle east by thwarting their Syrian invasion plans is alright by my book.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Brazil have written an open letter to FIFA asking them to explain why VAR wasn't used. Apparently a foul in the build up to the Switzerland goal (didn't see it), and should have been a penalty for Jesus.

https://youtu.be/QU6BmocNCaQ

Doesn't look like a pen to me, certainly not clear and obvious so not sure it warrants such a reaction.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's a World Cup being hosted by Russia. I'm not at all surprised that Tunisia were awarded a soft penalty the only time they ventured into our box. VAR provides the Russian state with a really, really easy way to stack the cards against us. Do you honestly think Russia would allow England to win a World Cup on their turf?

Don't believe all you read in the media.

Despite what you hear and see , not all Russians hate us.

I work closely with a number of clients in Moscow and many of them actually wanted us to win last night.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Tunisian players allowed to rugby tackle in their own area (although the headlock pull down on Kane would have been a penalty in egg-chasing).

The VAR officials had no interest in alerting the Ref to this.

Will the same pattern continue against Panama?

I expect the problem is that the VAR official is sat in an office in Moscow with a gun held to his temple the entire match under pain of death if he ever give a decision for the English. The whole reason the entire ****ing tournament is in Russia is down to corruption in the first place. It's all taking place in a mafia state, not a real country

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Don't believe all you read in the media.

Despite what you hear and see , not all Russians hate us.

I work closely with a number of clients in Moscow and many of them actually wanted us to win last night.

Don't be ridiculous, people you work with are not running the country, Putin is. The World's richest Mafia boss

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Putin is nicely setting up the narrative that the VAR misses things and isn't reliable. He'll get the payoff for this later in the tournament.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Must of missed that.

Putin wins elections hands down as he's immensely popular.

Anybody who acts to stop US hegemony in the middle east by thwarting their Syrian invasion plans is alright by my book.

Killing the leader of the opposition can help with that.

Ask Boris Nemtsov, Boris Berezovsky, Sergei Magnitsky or Anna Politkovskaya what they think..oh wait, you can't. I wonder why?

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
I'm not a fan of VAR - if it was meant to remove contentious issues then it has failed.

With VAR, you will see much more play acting. One of the reasons why I hate it.

In fact the opposite is true. Diving is well down in Italy (roughly 30% down from memory). I know play acting is slightly different, but when there's no VAR you see play acting for all sorts of crap. At least with VAR they can only over-act something that actually happened. The turkish player doesn't get sent off when he kicks the ball at Rivaldo if there was VAR (and players will slowly learn this and reduce the needless playacting).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Vindicating Arab Restling is what VAR stood for last night :rant::censored:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The key word being "definitive"

Would they have shown the Sissoko 'handball' against the Dippers on Saturday ? Hmmm, probably not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if they DON'T show the review on the big screens, then by definition it means that the incident/decision was not considered "definitive"

Even though VAR is only supposed to be used to correct "clear and obvious errors".

Makes perfect sense dunnit :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here