Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away fans Friday

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There were some spare seats but two stair cases were full of fans which left things thin at the south east corner.

Even so. They were pretty quiet I was expecting a little bit more.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I sit in WSU right on the halfway line. Utd fans hardly stopped singing all game. Of course they were drowned out when the whole west started up but they weren’t far behind the north stand if at all. Trust me.
Seeing how they were playing I would say they were the best of the big boys down here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We lump the away fans directly behind the goal (mistake#1) at the other end of africa from our home stand (mistake#2) which makes it impossible for songs to be bounced off one another because they can't feckin hear each other.

Still, I'd take that all day long over sticking them next to the North and deploying a mouthbreather to wantonly smash on a drum for the entire match to drown them out, which seems to be the thing to do nowadays.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The only notable noise they made was their wembley song

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No worse than others, better than most. I'd say better than all bar Swansea. Just got drowned out. Considering the abysmal football they produced, they tried.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The away club have to purchase the tickets in advance from the Albion. They (the away club) then make their revenue from selling to their fans. If they have any left over they have to take the hit on lost ticket sales. That’s the reason why away allocations differ according to the opposition, and are sold in incremental amounts according to demand. The maximum number for away fans at the Amex is 3,200 (I believe) for a Premier League game, which generally is taken up by most of the clubs. An exception would be Huddersfield, for example, who took less than the maximum allocation. In their case I think it was around 2,000. The remainder is then sold to home fans, hence the reason why the away section in the ground was smaller.

Regarding Man Utd, I don’t think for one second that they failed to sell all the tickets. Probably more a case of those ticket holders not being arsed to make a trip to the glorious south coast.

Thought the maximum away allocation was 3000?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here