Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many points from vital games vs Leicester and Huddersfield ?

How manr points ?

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Both these games are hard but are also winnable. I want us to get the points in the bag now and then finish with a flourish

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Even if that means losing to Huddersfield?

Normally I think I would agree with you. However, with so many teams below us the need to beat those teams are reduced, we need six points max, it does not really matter where they come.

It might depend on the Newcastle v Huddersfield result though. This weekend is huge, there could be a number of teams completely safe with wins and some knowing full well that they are in real trouble.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Further to my previous post in terms of who is 100% safe.

Everton on 40 are safe.
Watford and Bournemouth play each other, the winner gets to 39 points, so one of those is all but 100% safe. The other side is still in trouble, just. Also worth noting if we win, we overtake one or both of these teams.

In the still in real trouble section (I am counting ourselves in this)

Newcastle play Huddersfield, huge game this one, winner will feel pretty confident of picking up the remaining points needed from reasonably kind run ins. Loser is bang in trouble. A draw leaves them both almost certainly needing an unexpected away result.
Swansea away at Man Utd, expected to lose so a free hit for them this week.
Same for Palace at home to Liverpool.

Then the real biggie, West Ham v Southampton, for me the loser is almost certainly down. West Ham would still have a chance if it was not so toxic there, but it is.
Southampton might be down regardless; remaining fixtures are Arsenal (a); Chelsea (h); Leicester (a); Bournemouth (h); Everton (a) and Man City (h) it is not hard to see them lose all of those.

Stoke have a free hit this week, but they probably need a point even with that said, a defeat leaves the 3 from safety at the very minimum, when they need to overtake two sides. Their easier last two games will come too late.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Further to my previous post in terms of who is 100% safe.

Everton on 40 are safe.
Watford and Bournemouth play each other, the winner gets to 39 points, so one of those is all but 100% safe. The other side is still in trouble, just. Also worth noting if we win, we overtake one or both of these teams.

In the still in real trouble section (I am counting ourselves in this)

Newcastle play Huddersfield, huge game this one, winner will feel pretty confident of picking up the remaining points needed from reasonably kind run ins. Loser is bang in trouble. A draw leaves them both almost certainly needing an unexpected away result.
Swansea away at Man Utd, expected to lose so a free hit for them this week.
Same for Palace at home to Liverpool.

Then the real biggie, West Ham v Southampton, for me the loser is almost certainly down. West Ham would still have a chance if it was not so toxic there, but it is.
Southampton might be down regardless; remaining fixtures are Arsenal (a); Chelsea (h); Leicester (a); Bournemouth (h); Everton (a) and Man City (h) it is not hard to see them lose all of those.

Stoke have a free hit this week, but they probably need a point even with that said, a defeat leaves the 3 from safety at the very minimum, when they need to overtake two sides. Their easier last two games will come too late.

Southampton also have a yet to be arranged match at Swansea.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I watched Huddersfield vs Palace last week and I was shocked by the lack of quality in these two sides, Palace were slightly better tbf and had a few players who I thought gave them the edge, Zaha obviously is a player who if he is on his game can win them a game, I was also impressed with milowhateverovic in the middle who gives them a bit of steel and the young lad van something or other at right back, who recently came through their academy, looks to me like he will be quite a player.

Huddersfield were completely un-impressive to me, no quality whatsoever, maybe just an off day for them but if they play like that for the rest of the season I really fear for them.

Leicester seem to blow hot and cold but they do still have some real quality in their team and obviously Vardy is always a danger.

For me a draw v Leicester will be a good point but a win v Huddersfield is an absolute must.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Think it will be four points but I fancy us to win both for some odd reason. Our record vs Leicester at the Amex is superb and I think Huddersfield are poor away from home (I know technically we are worse but they have conceded a lot more!).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Too much confidence on here.

92% of voters are expecting at least 3 points, Leicester are favourites to win on Saturday, we never play well against Huddersfield....

a draw v Huddersfield and squeakybum time for me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I watched Huddersfield vs Palace last week and I was shocked by the lack of quality in these two sides, Palace were slightly better tbf and had a few players who I thought gave them the edge, Zaha obviously is a player who if he is on his game can win them a game, I was also impressed with milowhateverovic in the middle who gives them a bit of steel and the young lad van something or other at right back, who recently came through their academy, looks to me like he will be quite a player.

Huddersfield were completely un-impressive to me, no quality whatsoever, maybe just an off day for them but if they play like that for the rest of the season I really fear for them.

Leicester seem to blow hot and cold but they do still have some real quality in their team and obviously Vardy is always a danger.

For me a draw v Leicester will be a good point but a win v Huddersfield is an absolute must.

I disagree, and thought that Palace were really impressive, winning at Huddersfield is difficult for any team. Palace are a completely different side with Zaha in it. My thinking is, that we can manage 3 points from these two games, with perhaps another point eked out in our final run of matches. A total of 38 should surely be enough..

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Draw with Leicester, scrappy game against Huddersfield but come out 3-0 victors. Beat palace away help them on their downfall to the championship, and we can alll relax for our last four games as we’re safe. UTA

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I disagree, and thought that Palace were really impressive, winning at Huddersfield is difficult for any team. Palace are a completely different side with Zaha in it. My thinking is, that we can manage 3 points from these two games, with perhaps another point eked out in our final run of matches. A total of 38 should surely be enough..

Each to their own but I was really surprised by how bad Huddersfield were, thought they made Palace look better than they were, as I said they did have a few players that caught the eye but I have been far more impressed by Palace in other games, the conditions didn't help either team tbf.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think we'll draw with Leicester and beat Huddersfield so 4 points and we'll then be comfortably safe.

I actually think 1 win from these 2 games and 37 points will be enough for us to be safe anyway and that we'll still pick up two/three points from the Burnley, United and Spurs games so I'm pretty relaxed about it all.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Draw with Leicester, scrappy game against Huddersfield but come out 3-0 victors. Beat palace away help them on their downfall to the championship, and we can alll relax for our last four games as we’re safe. UTA

five games

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2, 4 and 6 ruled out.

3 now most welcome.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills