Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He wouldn't have needed to if he'd sacked them both and recruited a replacement before he left.

No idea why I am being quoted there, it wasn't me who said that, but yes I totally agree with you. It was so obvious that Hyypia need to go that it is very strange that Bloom went back to Australia leaving such a shambles, on the playing front, behind.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I wish I was nice enough to feel sorry for anyone who won't renew just because we're not winning. They clearly are very young, have very short memories ..... or just plain needy. :facepalm:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It would take a massive rise in price to put me off. I can't see it being any more expensive next year. Surely a price freeze at the very least.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously considering not renewing. Over the past 2 seasons I have found that am simply not enjoying the 90 mins enough to justify the 3-4 hour round trip on the motorway and overall it's become a chore. It's not just the Albion but football in general that is leaving me cold; maybe a break will help get back my mojo. It's a shame because it has been such a big part of my life for over 40 years.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I wish I was nice enough to feel sorry for anyone who won't renew just because we're not winning. They clearly are very young, have very short memories ..... or just plain needy. :facepalm:

There will be a number of reasons why people don't renew and yes, the quality of the football will be up there among them. We needn't criticise these people - let's be grateful that they have given the club their money and support over the past few years.

The underlying point is that four years ago the Albion's season ticket holder base more or less quadrupled. An astonishing achievement but the club needs to be careful. we can argue about the exact percentages but it's certain that more than half of the club's 'account customers' are by definition less committed to the cause than their equivalents at other clubs. They just haven't been around as long. They may have looked out for the club's results for years, but watching a bad team lose on a Tuesday evening is something new for them.

It was a key task of the club, led by its senior management and marketing team, to nurture this unusually fragile supporter base so that when things turn bad, as they always will, for every club, the effect on attendances is kept down.

They haven't done this. Far from making us feel that we're all in this together, they have achieved the opposite. As some on this thread suggest, too many supporters now feel disconnected from the club. The tone of its communications is poor, the culture seems to be more like Chelsea than Everton. Whether this has anything to do with the fact that every single director appointed by the present chairman is a money man I don't know. Whether it's relevant that the chief executive has no experience of the life and soul of a provincial English football club and its supporters, well I don't know that either.

What really worries me is that the huge legacy of the immediate past is being squandered. If supporters go it won't be easy to get them back. I just hope that the content and approach of the season ticket renewal letter don't bolster my fears. We shall see.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

But people pay a lot of money to be entertained don't they?....there are a lot of people who will go regardless and there are a lot who won't pay to watch what they have this season.
People are also aware it will be pretty easy to get tickets on a game by game basis.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Season Ticket renewals pack to be issued end of February...

I received the following email from Supporter Services this afternoon...

"As you may be aware we are approaching the season ticket renewal period for the 2015/2016 season. In order for us to process the renewal of season tickets successfully, we require each of our supporter’s personal details to be up to date on their individual FAN account.
Unfortunately we have noticed that there is currently no date of birth recorded on your FAN account - meaning your season ticket for 2015/16 will automatically be renewed as an ‘Adult’ age band.
It is important that these details are updated as soon as possible so not to impact on any further purchases. You are due to receive a renewal pack at the end of this month, please ensure you check through this information carefully. If you should not be paying as an adult please contact us prior to the 13th March to change the details on your account for the 2015/16 season.
Your personal details can be updated online now by visiting www.seagullstickets.com and logging in to your FAN account, alternatively you can call Supporter Services on 0344 324 6282 and a member of the team will be happy to help or alternatively you can reply to this email stating both your FAN number and your date of birth. "

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Season Ticket renewals pack to be issued end of February...

I received the following email from Supporter Services this afternoon...

"As you may be aware we are approaching the season ticket renewal period for the 2015/2016 season. In order for us to process the renewal of season tickets successfully, we require each of our supporter’s personal details to be up to date on their individual FAN account.
Unfortunately we have noticed that there is currently no date of birth recorded on your FAN account - meaning your season ticket for 2015/16 will automatically be renewed as an ‘Adult’ age band.
It is important that these details are updated as soon as possible so not to impact on any further purchases. You are due to receive a renewal pack at the end of this month, please ensure you check through this information carefully. If you should not be paying as an adult please contact us prior to the 13th March to change the details on your account for the 2015/16 season.
Your personal details can be updated online now by visiting www.seagullstickets.com and logging in to your FAN account, alternatively you can call Supporter Services on 0344 324 6282 and a member of the team will be happy to help or alternatively you can reply to this email stating both your FAN number and your date of birth. "

As I posted here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?318258-Today-s-the-day&p=6818668&viewfull=1#post6818668

Twenty-nine minutes after I received my email, which is the same as your above, I then got this one:

"Dear xxxxxxx ,

Unfortunately you have been sent the email requiring your date of birth in error; we apologise for any inconvenience caused. However we do recommend that to take this opportunity to make sure all the details are up to date on the system.

Kind Regards

Supporter Services"

Bless them.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The most interesting thread on NSC for sometime, and worth a read by all.

Yes. I will renew. Even though, after waking up on matchdays for 44 years with that great anticipatory feeling, it is distinctly diluted at present. The Millwall game was amongst the worst Albion experiences I have had in that time - I hope it was the nadir.

But, we won't be renewing our middle lad's ticket. We've kept it going for 2 seasons whilst he's been at Uni in Bristol. He goes to Helsinki for an August-May erasmus year and would only see a handful of games at best. We would like to keep the seat, but the truth is, there is no 'grey' market for secondhand tickets anymore. For 3 seasons (we had the same situation for my eldest lad away in York), I could always find friends or contacts who would chip in for 'the spare' to make its retention viable. But it's very difficult now and, perversely for the Club, this means I can't justify renewing his ticket.

Some other observations on the validity of the poll:

- as some have said, NSC regulars are, on balance, more likely to be loyal fans.
- however, my experience of running market research exercises tells me that there will be a response bias from those not renewing - they are the ones for whom this issue is more 'live'.
- so, my guesstimate would be that the Nos are a maximum overall loss - 15% currently

I think the pricing decision is critical though. Some would use a price rise as an excuse to go after the poor season we've had.

PG

PG

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
As I posted here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?318258-Today-s-the-day&p=6818668&viewfull=1#post6818668

Twenty-nine minutes after I received my email, which is the same as your above, I then got this one:

"Dear xxxxxxx ,

Unfortunately you have been sent the email requiring your date of birth in error; we apologise for any inconvenience caused. However we do recommend that to take this opportunity to make sure all the details are up to date on the system.

Kind Regards

Supporter Services"

Bless them.

Apologies, I saw this thread about renewals and assumed it would be on this thread if someone else had got it..

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
The most interesting thread on NSC for sometime, and worth a read by all.

Yes. I will renew. Even though, after waking up on matchdays for 44 years with that great anticipatory feeling, it is distinctly diluted at present. The Millwall game was amongst the worst Albion experiences I have had in that time - I hope it was the nadir.

But, we won't be renewing our middle lad's ticket. We've kept it going for 2 seasons whilst he's been at Uni in Bristol. He goes to Helsinki for an August-May erasmus year and would only see a handful of games at best. We would like to keep the seat, but the truth is, there is no 'grey' market for secondhand tickets anymore. For 3 seasons (we had the same situation for my eldest lad away in York), I could always find friends or contacts who would chip in for 'the spare' to make its retention viable. But it's very difficult now and, perversely for the Club, this means I can't justify renewing his ticket.

Some other observations on the validity of the poll:

- as some have said, NSC regulars are, on balance, more likely to be loyal fans.
- however, my experience of running market research exercises tells me that there will be a response bias from those not renewing - they are the ones for whom this issue is more 'live'.
- so, my guesstimate would be that the Nos are a maximum overall loss - 15% currently

I think the pricing decision is critical though. Some would use a price rise as an excuse to go after the poor season we've had.

PG

PG
So you aren't renewing your middle son's ticket, that's a 20% loss and I'm not renewing mine...or my daughters. That's a loss of 3 from eight. How many nos are more than one and your assuming none of the maybe's are negative? Just playing devil's advocate.
It also seems many that won't are doing it with a heavy heart and aren't enjoying having to make the choice. I also find it disappointing that some need to belittle those that make that choice with jibes about loyalty or such like. Not aimed at PG

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Enjoying the posts suggesting they'll possibly be a price freeze. There won't be. Pretty sure Barber has already said there will be a price increase.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I will be renewing but wouldn't criticise anyone for not renewing - this season has been a complete shambles on and off the pitch - the club need to wake up, stop treating the fans like idiots with their patronising communications and start to invest on the product on the pitch!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apologies, I saw this thread about renewals and assumed it would be on this thread if someone else had got it..

That's OK - I imagined a lot of people missed my earlier post.

I suppose they are doing it as late as possible this year in the hope that Championship football is all but guaranteed and/or fan sentiment is on a generally upward trajectory.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Enjoying the posts suggesting they'll possibly be a price freeze. There won't be. Pretty sure Barber has already said there will be a price increase.

The board would be foolish in my eyes to raise prices,
We all know that there is going to be a big drop in renewals, the board have made mistakes this season and asking the loyal fans to pay for that would be wrong.
It is already overpriced.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'll be back for more. The seat next to me, paid for and unused 80% of the time, will no longer be funded, so i would think at times i will have a stranger alongside me at times. My fellow STH doesn't need to keep his ticket now to find a nearby seat when he can make it a few times a year. I like my seat, all the moreso from last season onwards thanks to the disappearance of the uncomical hollerers behind me with their sardonic and bitchy critique of players like Barnes and Greer. So i'm less riled there. The view, halfway up the North just right of the goal, feels like it's mine and i don't want to give it up for now. I like being there and munching on a pie and singing a song or two and seeing on occasion some thrilling football. We're a tad identityless at present, the feeling of it all lowered a little, but that doesn't make it a bad experience.

I think they've ended up behind me! Proper Office Warrior type

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here