Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite ever comedian

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ross Noble was brilliant when I saw him at The Dome. And Reginald D. Hunter.

Mark Thomas and Rob Newman, Bill Hicks and Richard Pryor.

And I love Frankie Boyle.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Of the old school I'm surprised nothing for Frankie Howard. The stand up at the Oxford Union show (I thought It was a pub) cracks me up and he doesn't actually really ever tell a joke.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Of the old school I'm surprised nothing for Frankie Howard. The stand up at the Oxford Union show (I thought It was a pub) cracks me up and he doesn't actually really ever tell a joke.

I saw him do that show in Worthing (it was almost identical) just before he died. Wonderful stuff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boyle

No, he has been wayward and he has recalibrated but he's no Manning (TFFT).

Wehn

The German Dave Allen (observational humour) through the eyes of an immigrant who ****ing loves it here. What's not to like?

:thumbsup:

ps I see we lost again.....:(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But I love Boyle for the same reason I love South Park. He takes the p**s out of EVERYTHING. Nothing is sacred. So there's no p.c. nonsense but nor is one group continually targetted. Manning only had black and asian gags by the end.

Thanks for this thread though. Far more entertaining than our match... :thumbsup:

Double agree with that. punk:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Sascha baron Cohen as ali g

His other guises have been top too - but ali g was perfect timing for me & the culture it took the p out of

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Can't pick a favourite but four current comedians that immediately pop into my head are Seann Walsh(raised in Brighton), Joe Lycett and something about James Acaster cracks me up too. Bill Hicks was a genius.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good gawd. This thread has had to get to 48 posts to get to Bill Hicks.
Bill Hicks is my favourite stand up. Good shouts for Tommy Cooper, Pete and Dud, Chris Morris and Stewart Lee. And Peter Kay, he's lovely, Peter Kay.

I've still got the MP3 of Rant in E Minor somewhere on my personal laptop. I have to wait till everyone's in bed to play it though, else the choice is between my kids hearing it and me sitting there with headphones on, cackling like I've been lobotomised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Morris - has never dipped below total brilliance

Kenneth Williams, Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, Jeremy Hardy, Harry Enfield, Louis CK, Spike Milligan, Ronnie Barker, Janeane Garafolo, Armando Ianucci, Jenny Lecoat, Jon Stewart, Seth MacFarlane, Larry David, Tina Fey also up there

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Steven's friend (the guy with the ponytail) at 22:48 in the video was a guy that I used to play football at College with.

It's probably just as well that Frankie didn't ask his name as he's also called Steve...

Frankie was very popular with students at the time, so Steve was thrilled to be involved in the live recording at the Union.

Very tame by today's standards, but Frankie gave a masterclass that evening in timing and innuendo.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Funniest I have seen live is Alexei Sayle. Had me in stitches from the first minute.

A mention for Woody Allen's nightclub monologues from the early 60s and some of his early films before he became Ingmar Bergmann. "The moose came in second. The moose was furious."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here