Votes: 181 90.5%
  • No, I'd expect 8:44 to be too late to order

Votes: 19 9.5%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You get similar debates over best by and consume by on certain foods...I bought some apples the other day that had consume within 7 days ....I have apples in the fruit bowl that have been there for weeks and are fine.

Sorry for hyjacking the thread.

How do the apples feel about having to hang about longer than 7 days in your old dusty old fruit bowl. You say they are fine....perhaps. It's all about you isn't it ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're in the right. I reckon the Chef has let him / them down here..

To be fair, from the way the chef chipped in on FB, I'm not sure she was aware that orders had been stopped ahead of 9, which makes it seem like a front of house decision.

Crescent Road - it first re-opened as "Opening Soon" which was, supposedly, a private members' dining club. They've since renamed to "The Dining Room" doing, from what I can tell, mainly small plates. Somewhat strangely they still seem to want to charge people for membership claiming that non-members can only eat at certain times. For that reason, I can't be bothered.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ahh ok fair enough. Still, your indecisiveness requires improvement :lolol:

It wasn't indecisiveness - we were out for the evening and in no rush! Drinking and talking was taking priority over choosing food.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To be honest I normally just vote with my feet after these incidents. I have no problem (after generally having a polite chat with them as to my disappointment) just going somewhere else.
Now I like Craft the pub in Brighton but after being kept waiting by the barman on a couple of occasions whilst he is gabbing to another customer about .... all ( I was ear wiggling ) and after having a little chat about the service and the lack of beers actually on cask I and our little gang have moved on to the Beer Dispensory on match days.
I got left for 40 mins before anyone bothered to come over after having secured a table to eat in the Bridge in Shoreham the other night so had a word and off we went.

F..uck em. If they can't be arsed then on to the next one.

I'm feeling better now. This is a bugbear of mine if you hadn't noticed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Marvellous Binfest, NSC at its finest. Polarised views and hilarious tangential offshoots. Keep it up!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be honest I normally just vote with my feet after these incidents. I have no problem (after generally having a polite chat with them as to my disappointment) just going somewhere else.
Now I like Craft the pub in Brighton but after being kept waiting by the barman on a couple of occasions whilst he is gabbing to another customer about .... all ( I was ear wiggling ) and after having a little chat about the service and the lack of beers actually on cask I and our little gang have moved on to the Beer Dispensory on match days.
I got left for 40 mins before anyone bothered to come over after having secured a table to eat in the Bridge in Shoreham the other night so had a word and off we went.

Understood.

It's a genuinely decent pub, evidenced by the fact we stayed there until midnight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's your fault for going out improperly dressed. You should know by now that you gave to go out wearing a Homberg, large dark glasses, wrap a scarf around your face and wear gloves and a long flowing coat. Duh!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I deleted the post because it was just getting ridiculous, so I can't copy and paste some of the responses now but some were just bizarre, including a suggestion that I'd left it late to order on purpose to catch the pub out so I could complain (I didn't complain, I bought some crisps).

That's Facebook. Some would give the contrary view to anything. We're spoilt by the more reasoned NSC.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Understood.

It's a genuinely decent pub, evidenced by the fact we stayed there until midnight.

It is a decent pub indeed and I know the owner well. Probably would have had a word with him and not thrown my toys out of the pram like I normally do to be honest. Then it would go down to his explanation.................. maybe ��

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's your fault for going out improperly dressed. You should know by now that you gave to go out wearing a Homberg, large dark glasses, wrap a scarf around your face and wear gloves and a long flowing coat. Duh!

I remembered the last time we went in Chapmans after a match and a bouncer came over to Mrs Q and told her - not asked her mind - to take her hat/beret off. You'll be amazed to know Veg that I questioned his tone and policy.

" It's so we can see faces clearly on the cctv in case it kicks off "

I informed him of my overall disappointment in my own inimitable style and off we toodled for ever more into the sunset.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Yours or someone else's? Impressive if your own. Bit rude if not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The real question is.... was Richard Reynolds in there? Or was he in the Corner House

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The real question is.... was Richard Reynolds in there? Or was he in the Corner House
RR would not be in The Corner House, that's Gareth Owen's territory. Two quizmasters cannot be in the same pub, Laws of Physics and all that..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
RR would not be in The Corner House, that's Gareth Owen's territory. Two quizmasters cannot be in the same pub, Laws of Physics and all that..

He was after the West Brom game...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Where is the option for fence?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Interesting comments about Cask. My gang rarely go there now. Their main complaint is, in their opinion, the beers are quite boring these days.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
A little bit of common sense could have been shown by both sides here. The barman could have said food is served til nine but the kitchen staff like to start cleaning down in the last 20 mins or so so be quick please. Also Bozza could have thought for a mo about the kitchen staff looking at the clock rolling up to 9pm on a Friday night and home then another order turns up. If a shop shuts at 5.30 and you turn up at 5.28 to buy a pint of milk, fair do's, if you turn up at 5.28 to peruse a new carpet you are a git.

Ooh, am I a git?

Few years back, my regular hairdresser turned me away. I was working an hour away and knew they closed at 6pm [notice on the door], so left work early and arrived at 20-to-six to find the sign turned to "closed" and all 3 cutters busy with 2 waiting. I pushed the door open and asked if I could still get a cut today - was told "no, sorry, too late".

NEVER BEEN BACK !! Their loss ..... [maybe]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here