Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp has left!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That amazes me as well. When was he last a remotely successful manager? If I weas chairman I would take a chance on a young unknown manager as Mike Bamber did with Alan Mullery and go for somebody like Frank Lampard or Rio Ferdinand

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That amazes me as well. When was he last a remotely successful manager

That's harsh. He was a massive success for Birmingham last season, coming in when they were practically relegated, and he managed to turn them around and move them from the danger of being just outside the relegation zone, to the safety of just outside the relegation zone. Miracle worker. Deserved the chance this year to build on last year's astounding heroism.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is Curbishley always in the manager rankings, he can't be arsed.

That amazes me as well. When was he last a remotely successful manager? If I weas chairman I would take a chance on a young unknown manager as Mike Bamber did with Alan Mullery and go for somebody like Frank Lampard or Rio Ferdinand

That's harsh. He was a massive success for Birmingham last season, coming in when they were practically relegated, and he managed to turn them around and move them from the danger of being just outside the relegation zone, to the safety of just outside the relegation zone. Miracle worker. Deserved the chance this year to build on last year's astounding heroism.

Curbishley, who we were talking about being in the running for the job, was not at Brum last season.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Talkshite going on about his fantastic record.
Think he has had one season in which he finished higher than wages would predict.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
a 70 year old manager can't hack it anymore, I wonder if there are any other 70 year old managers around ???

None... not one, they are all in the extreme stages of alzeimhers.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Sandra will be happy..never wanted him to go north of Watford

perhaps he'll make a better job of running her over next time..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here