Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I hadn't thought about what would happen to Player, which, after many years of mediocre-ness had become pretty good. Wonder what they will bring out? Some kind of Seagulls TV?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Has this confirmed by PB?

He said he had plans. The only way he could get out of the current contract with player is to get promoted to the Premier league.

Maybe you drop him a quick email again? He normally replies.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have just emailed him. Will keep you updated [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Okay, gonna clear up a few things here.

I don't believe "Barber has plans for a new alternative" is correct. The new service they are bringing in is just a coincidence that it is coming out at the same time as us being promoted. From what I am aware the club had a chance to break the contract and go independent this year but they decided against it. They are bringing out a new service called iFollow. This service includes streaming of every match for people overseas, but because we have now been promoted we will not get this feature as it is only for football league clubs. I believe the YouTube videos are being discontinued as of the end of this season too, and this would've also been regardless of what league we are in.

I (and I assume all other subscribers) recieved this email from the EFL earlier this week detailing this and the process of moving over to the new provider. This was the email -

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear George,

EFL Digital provide the website and Player HD service for Brighton & Hove Albion. Throughout May we will be moving the club website to a new and improved product. As part of that development Player HD will become iFollow. As a user that pays for this service by Direct Debit the following changes will take place:

For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

- No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
- At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
- Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement.

Please also note that your customer reference will remain the same. Should you wish to query any Direct Debit with us or your Bank/Building Society please quote our name and that reference. There is no need for you to complete a new Direct Debit Instruction, as details of the change will have been supplied to your bank, which may also notify you, independently. Additionally you may also see a comment on your Bank statement advising you of the final payment under the old name details and the first payment under the new name/details.

You will continue to enjoy the full benefits of the Direct Debit Guarantee, as detailed below. If you have any questions about this change please call email our customer services team iFollow@efl.com

For those users that subscribe on an Annual basis by Direct Debit:

- No auto renewal of your service will take place when your current subscription expires. No further payments will be taken at that time unless you take a new subscription.
- You will be able to access iFollow on your new club website when it launches.
- At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now.
- If you have any questions regarding your contract, you can email iFollow@efl.com

- The terms and conditions for your subscription to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you login to iFollow after launch

Many thanks

EFL Digital

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This tweet shows the EFL director talking about the new service at a recent event - [tweet]847059321531891712[/tweet]

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Okay, gonna clear up a few things here.

I don't believe "Barber has plans for a new alternative" is correct. The new service they are bringing in is just a coincidence that it is coming out at the same time as us being promoted. From what I am aware the club had a chance to break the contract and go independent this year but they decided against it. They are bringing out a new service called iFollow. This service includes streaming of every match for people overseas, but because we have now been promoted we will not get this feature as it is only for football league clubs. I believe the YouTube videos are being discontinued as of the end of this season too, and this would've also been regardless of what league we are in.

I (and I assume all other subscribers) recieved this email from the EFL earlier this week detailing this and the process of moving over to the new provider. This was the email -

All games streamed overseas for EFL teams? That's ****ing awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here