Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Huddersfield Drum

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes because Brighton fans seem to churn it out for any attempt to get an atmosphere going. I do not mind not having a drum but then we cannot also complain about the coordination of songs in the north stand or that our songs get faster and faster and fall apart.

The reason I keep using tinpot is because Brighton fans use it about a drum without a hint of irony that Dortmund, Atletico, Celtic and any other amazing atmosphere teams ALL use one.

Ok well I'll assume you aren't pigeon holing all of us, or just not reading my posts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is hilarious. So, we are having a committee meeting about whether to have a drum. Like, everyone who watches us reads NSC. Like, what NSC says determines what happens :facepalm:

I am also shaking my head at some comments: the point of the H'field drum seems to be to completely prevent the away support from creating an away atmosphere. Some comments suggest this completely worked, and conclude we should therefore NOT have a drum. So, a drum in the South West corner, thumped incoherently by a spotty youth, to the annoyance of the massive away support of our rivals would be a bad idea? Hmmmm.....

If someone turns up with a drum, there will be a drum. If he/she is rubbish there will doubtless be shouts of of 'get that drum down', or chants of 'are you Bonham in discuise?'. :lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
If its going to happen I think that 2 drummers who know WTF they are doing, i.e coordinated/practiced. One NW, other NE and only for chants that we want them in. Sounds a bit 'practiced' but better than constant, desperate, mindless banging for 90 mins, just to be annoying to visiting fans.
NS has always had random chants from various sections that come together every now and then. Long may that continue, keep it real. Maybe a bit of coordinated stuff thrown in would get a few more 'whole NS' chants going. Whatever happens please don't let some random knob just turn up and start banging, that would be 'tinpot'.
images.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I will re-iterate what I said, any f*cker with some great big drum parks his arse next to me and I will protest it... NIMBY!!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Huddersfield weren't quite as good with it as Lincoln but on both occasions the home support drowned out our away fans. I also thought the variation of songs at Huddersfield was much better than what we had. I'd rather be in a stand with a drum and atmosphere than out of time singing by sporadic groups.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Huddersfield the club worked very hard to generate that atmosphere which was a one-off, although I suspect it'll be pretty lively against the massive Leeds tomorrow too. As for the drum I don't have strong feelings one way or another although if it gets the North stand singing as one it may be worth considering!!

I'm passionately anti-drum but this post does present an issue if we ever did get a drum. Which of the disparate singing groups gets to bang it? Or do the two main groups get a drum each? Do they take turns to bang the drum? Or does the drum go to a "third party" to bang. Would a drum "improve the singing"? I very much doubt it as the group that didn't get the drum would then try to out sing the drum............................

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE DRAMA????????!!!!!!!!

What we really need is for the two main singing groups in the North to come together and sing the same song at the same time. Will that happen? Depends how big their egos are I'm guessing.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I thought these were well established facts:

Banging on the back of the stand as if it were a drum = good
Using an actual drum = bad

Atmosphere we would most like to replicate = German
Country where every team has a drum = Germany

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Huddersfield weren't quite as good with it as Lincoln but on both occasions the home support drowned out our away fans. I also thought the variation of songs at Huddersfield was much better than what we had. I'd rather be in a stand with a drum and atmosphere than out of time singing by sporadic groups.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We won the league, three times in a row.
We won the f a cup
And now we're going up
We are the town
Oh yes we are the town
La la la la la laaaa.

Still one of the best songs ever sung. 45,000 voices bellowing it out in the playoff final many moons ago...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here