Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bendtner

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just taking whatever he can get isn't he ?

A player with an ego the size of Gloucester who has spent his career playing at the highest level, now having to tumble down the divisions and play for mediocre midtable fodder like Forest. I think motivation would be a major concern for me.
Oi! What's Gloucester got to do with it? What's Gloucester done to deserve being linked with this Bender feller?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You might need too if we cop a couple of injuries up front
Well if - and it's a big if - both Hemed and Murray get injured or sent off on Saturday against Brentford we'll just have to make do and mend for part of the game. Manu, one of the wingers, or somebody from the U23s will have to step in until Baldock can return for the next game. It's not like we're taking to the field with great gaps in our defence, and our team has pretty much got goals all through it.

It certainly doesn't make any sense to buy a dubious has been who will cost a lot of money on the off-chance we might be a bit short up front against Brentford.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well if - and it's a big if - both Hemed and Murray get injured or sent off on Saturday against Brentford we'll just have to make do and mend for part of the game. Manu, one of the wingers, or somebody from the U23s will have to step in until Baldock can return for the next game. It's not like we're taking to the field with great gaps in our defence, and our team has pretty much got goals all through it.

It certainly doesn't make any sense to buy a dubious has been who will cost a lot of money on the off-chance we might be a bit short up front against Brentford.

It is nailed on that we are going to have this happen during the season. Let's hope the club can have a January transfer window to match last year because we are not gong up with just three strikers...imo

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I will agree that our recruitment team have made few mistakes with the first team of late. However our under 21 s have it seems not had such success.There is not one striker that CH can call on.In fact Messrs Hambo/Harper etc are further away from the first team than ever.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's no one who can step up from the U23s as a striker so we just have to have blind faith in Elvis if a couple of first pick strikers get crocked.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is nailed on that we are going to have this happen during the season. Let's hope the club can have a January transfer window to match last year because we are not gong up with just three strikers...imo

The worry for Saturday is two strikers simultaneously becoming unavailable; it's a risk, but not that bad a risk. After that, the chances of three getting nobbled all at the same time is much less likely. I'm sure the club will be going hell for leather to recruit another striker (or a number 10) in January.

But one thing I'm very sure of is that in January we need to get somebody in who's better than what we've got - at the very, very least they've got to be better than Elvis. Just getting in a body for the sake of it would be pointless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We can fairly safely say the reason the team is short of strikers is because there wasn't any 'value' in the strikers available.

Worryingly they'll be even less 'value' in January.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
There's no one who can step up from the U23s as a striker so we just have to have blind faith in Elvis if a couple of first pick strikers get crocked.

There isn't even a fit U23 striker at all, is there? They seem to be playing without anyone up front from what I have seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here