Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Creating The AMEX A Way To Shut The Fans Up ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This has got me thinking really. Although it took so long.. Was Its arrival a way for TB to shut the fans up about bringing in Championship football and silently admitting it wasn't going to happen ? Sounds to me a bit suss.

:moo:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I have been thinking a lot about the training ground too, all a little bit suspect to me.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This has got me thinking really. Although it took so long.. Was Its arrival a way for TB to shut the fans up about bringing in Championship football and silently admitting it wasn't going to happen ? Sounds to me a bit suss.

:moo:

So Mr Bloom spends tens of millions of £s on a new stadium, and then a few more quid on a training centre, just to shut the fans up about their expectations about the level of football being played?

To quote a former leading American tennis player and now BBC commentator, "you cannot be serious".

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So Mr Bloom spends tens of millions of £s on a new stadium, and then a few more quid on a training centre, just to shut the fans up about their expectations about the level of football being played?

To quote a former leading American tennis player and now BBC commentator, "you cannot be serious".

I'm not, it's a parody thread in response to another one. See Big Board listings.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One or two whooshes already...

I have done one or two reverse 'whooshes' with the resident Pink Fairy. It's basically where I deliberately miss-interpret something he says and respond in a naive way. He's fallen for it every time.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Thanks for the thumbs down [MENTION=13264]wilko1[/MENTION]
This is just for you...

whoosh

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I get that this is a parody thread, but for parody to work, the underlying point needs to be a legitimate one.

The difference between Zamora and the Amex/Training ground, other than way over £200m investment, is that the ground and the training complex are investments in the future of club. Zamora is a one year deal - a deal the most recent rumour suggested was one the manager wasn't particularly keen on* - that is about comparative short term, instant gratification.

Given how quickly people appear to have lost all concern over the lack of creativity, pace and depth that still affects the squad, and the proximity of the fans forum where Bloom, Barber and Hughton were (until Bobby signed) looking at a very difficult evening, it's not surprising some are looking at the signing in cynical terms.

*There were also rumours from those "in the know" he failed a medical. Rumours from those "in the know" he wanted two years the club wanted to give him a single year, rumours from those "in the know" the hold up was money.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not, it's a parody thread in response to another one. See Big Board listings.

What a very nice way of saying so - far more civilised than "whoosh". I'm on holiday and away, and so not fully up to speed...... That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If he had bothered to spend the money in the years before FFP then we would be safely in Europe by now.

I agree it's all a bit SUSS.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If he had bothered to spend the money in the years before FFP then we would be safely in Europe by now..

Considering there are six slots -- seven with a tailwind -- that get you into Europe, this has to count as the single silliest NSC post I have ever read.

I hope it's parody, so as to restore my faith in mankind.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Considering there are six slots -- seven with a tailwind -- that get you into Europe, this has to count as the single silliest NSC post I have ever read.

I hope it's parody, so as to restore my faith in mankind.

To be clear - I didn't mean it. :thumbsup:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
To be clear - I didn't mean it. :thumbsup:

I teach high school, so my ability to distinguish mere nonsense from deeply felt utter nonsense, from parody, is permanently shot.
Someone last year tried to convince me that the noun uxor, 'wife' was masculine because it ended in -or, e.g.

Similar things happen to people in foundries and such, except it's their hearing that goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here