Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Oh well, thats this years ADAM CLAYTON saga over and done with for another year I suppose.

Now can we crack on and make some ruddy SIGNINGS. Lets get back to "swooping" on unknown Spanish 2nd division players instead. Much less aggravation.

Think you're forgetting Stephen Ward and Burnley ???? Appears we're a soft touch ....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not been mentioned but I would think it will be in the region of £1m

£1 million for a player who started all of his countries games at Euro 2016, is 25 and first choice at a rival club? We'd be up in arms if we sold a player like that for so little especially to another club in this division. I'd expect any asking price to be north of £2 million.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
£1 million for a player who started all of his countries games at Euro 2016, is 25 and first choice at a rival club? We'd be up in arms if we sold a player like that for so little especially to another club in this division. I'd expect any asking price to be north of £2 million.

From my understanding Hull were set to sign him for £1.5m before Bruce left

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not like you to pluck things out of the air. If we sold Ince, what do you think he'd go for? Something around 500k - £1million you'd assume right?

Ince less than 500k I would think because only Div 1 or 2 sides would be interested and they dont pay that kind of money. Holla free or nearly, possibly JFC would be more than £500k. My estimate for Norwood was the lowest we would get him for but people views are obscured by the fact he played in the Euros for N Ireland. They dont have a great choice of players.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think you're forgetting Stephen Ward and Burnley ???? Appears we're a soft touch ....

Think that is harsh. Ward was our own fault for waiting so long to sign him, Clayton we don't know the truth and Grabban used us to get a better deal. These three were all under previous regime.

With Winstanley in charge this hasn't happened until now. We can't stop players/agents/clubs leaking stories to the press when we're involved and, once Norwich bid, we can't compete with them financially. We have to hope that some players go for us for other non financial reasons.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Think that is harsh. Ward was our own fault for waiting so long to sign him, Clayton we don't know the truth and Grabban used us to get a better deal. These three were all under previous regime.

With Winstanley in charge this hasn't happened until now. We can't stop players/agents/clubs leaking stories to the press when we're involved and, once Norwich bid, we can't compete with them financially. We have to hope that some players go for us for other non financial reasons.

Is there a case for saying that Norwich bought him just so that we couldn't have him? - A case of - stop your rivals getting better at any cost because ultimately
that will help us get promotion.

Jimmy Grimble

Where has the Norwood stuff come from?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is there a case for saying that Norwich bought him just so that we couldn't have him? - A case of - stop your rivals getting better at any cost because ultimately
that will help us get promotion.

I can't believe a team would spend that much money on a player to stop a rival signing him. Sounds like they were going to spend the money on McCormack but, with Villa about to sign him, suddenly had money to spare. If I was Pritchard though, I would seriously think about that and wonder whether my career will be affected (although the extra money per week will probably help)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where has the Norwood stuff come from?

No idea but seeing as Bournemouth, Burnley and Hull have been mentioned as being interested we can probably consign this one to "lost out" too

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I can't believe a team would spend that much money on a player to stop a rival signing him. Sounds like they were going to spend the money on McCormack but, with Villa about to sign him, suddenly had money to spare. If I was Pritchard though, I would seriously think about that and wonder whether my career will be affected (although the extra money per week will probably help)

I think Pritchard may come to sincerely regret this decision if it is true.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Pritchard may come to sincerely regret this decision if it is true.

Not if it's alll about money for him. Steve Sidwell made a career of bench warming and drawing a large salary once he left Reading. I doubt he regrets it too much

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Not if it's alll about money for him. Steve Sidwell made a career of bench warming and drawing a large salary once he left Reading. I doubt he regrets it too much

Yes - but Sidwell most people had heard of and had a track record. Not so Pritchard. That does limit scope for how long he can benchwarm.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Andy Naylor
‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Ex-Brentford boss Mark Warburton re: Pritchard: "The best player I've seen in this division to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace."

Why can't our players learn to trap the ball properly, or do they a pay rise to practise? I mean trapping the ball, laying it off and running into space like.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How fickle are football fans? 24 hours ago he was the bees knees and the missing piece that was going to ensure promotion now people are saying didnt want him any way as not good enough, make your minds up please
Can you quote 1 poster who has changed their mind, or is it just different posters expressing different views ? ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Andy Naylor
‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Ex-Brentford boss Mark Warburton re: Pritchard: "The best player I've seen in this division to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace."

Why can't our players learn to trap the ball properly, or do they a pay rise to practise? I mean trapping the ball, laying it off and running into space like.

Maybe they learn it from the England team? :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here