Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF you left in the 40th minute for a drink and the 85th minute for a train....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Also a special mention for matey on the train in just a shirt and suit, proudly showing his first time 1901 badge and hoping that 'the seats are warmed' but not as hapless as the gent in the queue o/s Dick's asking the door staff where 'the entrance for the 109 Club was'.

Oh the sign of things to come.

But it isn't the sign of things to come is it? We have 23k season ticket holders, that won't change much next season. Pretty much it'll be the same bunch of fans whatever happens.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Guilty of sneaking of for a pint and missing dunks goal, but saw the rest.

I couldn't blame others for leaving early last night the service was truly shocking and when the odd train did turn up it was either a 3car or 4car.

This.

I stayed well after the end last night. It took neary 30 minutes to get out of car park C, and I got home around 12.30 after th 80 mile drive. I can't do that every game.

Still, I never arrive late (unless traffic is bad) and I never sneak out to beat the half time queues. I feel soooo virtuous, I'm almost welling up at the thought of my pride. I think I'll give myself a big kiss :kiss:

Bit of a slog from Falmer to where you are and no obvious quick way?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Two of them sat behind me.

They're possibly the ones who stood up just as Hutchinson clattered March, I had to wait for the highlights to see what had happened.

There seemed to be a lot of late arrivals and early leavers last night, including the group who arrive 5 mins late, leave on the 40th minute, return on the 50th and leave on the 85th - they do it every week but they missed a whole load of stuff this time.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
There is a bloke near us in the West Upper who arrives 5 mins late, leaves for half time on 40 mins and never comes back for the second half. He missed almost everything of note last night.

He normally takes a selfie in the first half too. We've concluded the selfie is sent to his wife to prove he was at the football before he goes to see his bit on the side.

You have to phone Danny Baker next Saturday with this one.

Fantastic conclusion.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not as many of the 40,80 gang in my section of WL last night.

Ten or so did make their way out on 80, they looked quite taken aback that they were the only ones departing as they spun around in confusion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Two of them sat behind me.

The irony is that I stayed to the end, saw the on-pitch celebrations, walked to the station and found myself sitting on the same train to Eastbourne as they were.

What I don't get is why they regularly miss ten minutes at the end of the first half.

This. If people feel they have to miss five minutes of the first half and five minutes of he second half just to get a drink why do they bother? Can they really not go 90 minutes without a drink? If so they have a bigger problem than missing a bit of football! Bizarre.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There is a bloke near us in the West Upper who arrives 5 mins late, leaves for half time on 40 mins and never comes back for the second half. He missed almost everything of note last night.

Quite possibly moved to another seat :shrug:

We have a guy like that in the East Upper, I asked him once, absolutely none of my business, but I was curious and he said that if the person that sits next to one of his mates doesn't show up, he joins him at half time.

As for the general comings and goings alluded to on this thread, so what? They paid their money and are entitled to come and go as they please.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This. If people feel they have to miss five minutes of the first half and five minutes of he second half just to get a drink why do they bother? Can they really not go 90 minutes without a drink? If so they have a bigger problem than missing a bit of football! Bizarre.
Not at all bizarre. If the albion cannot organise the catering so more people can have time to actually drink their beer in half time, then sadly people are forced to queue up early.

Nothing wrong with having a rota to have someone getting the beers in on time :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We have 23k season ticket holders, that won't change much next season. Pretty much it'll be the same bunch of fans whatever happens.

This. Seeing as how we're usually operating at near-enough capacity at the Amex this season, very little will change on that score next season, whatever level we're playing at.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love these threads.
I can point out the fellas in front of me have missed EVERY SINGLE bit of AMEX action that has occurred after the 80th minute.

From Buckley to Knocky - they've missed the lot

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Pretty much spot on for one boozy fella in our part of the North.
Arrives 5 mins after kick off - CHECK
Heads off for half-time drink on 40 minutes - CHECK
Arrives back for second half on about 50 minutes - CHECK (actually nearer 55 yesterday)
Only thing I would say is he rarely leaves early :lolol:

North West corner by any chance?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not forgetting of course that some people leave early because of mobility problems and others are elderly and don't want to be knocked.

I'm sure they're good people and as loyal as those of us who stay until the final whistle.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not forgetting of course that some people leave early because of mobility problems and others are elderly and don't want to be knocked.

I'm sure they're good people and as loyal as those of us who stay until the final whistle.

Let's not get all PC about it, of course there are genuine reasons. Most though, are fully functional, albeit a bit flaky human beings.???:wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here