Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you do for a living more importantly how much do you earn......

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
If you're watching snooker on BBC red button at the moment, I'm the one making sure it's on air right now. Also, when you see the red button link pop up at the end of MOTD, that's me too. I'm one of a team who keep the red button service going.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Of course she is coming.........she always does......

Is that what she says?

200_s.gif

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why is what you earn more important than what you do?

For some people, career and money are a passion and I'm going to try and avoid criticising them but I certainly don't understand it. I cannot play politics and behave in a way that is unnatural to me in order to be more 'successful' and earn more money but that's way you see all day every day in a corporate environment. I do wonder how some relatively senior people in a large corporation would cope as, let's say, a plumber - Understanding that the only way to be successful is to be good at what you do, work hard and build your network? They'd certainly deliver on number 3 while not understanding that 1 and 2 are pretty important too.

Anyway, I'm rambling, I guess I'm being better because I know I'm very good at what I do but can't play the game and too lazy to go contracting :) To answer your original point, as time goes by, more people will recognise that your time is more valuable than your income.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, I wanted a second member of safety critical staff to be on the train as it used to be, not least because I knew situations like this would happen.

Ah this is the one where the driver refused to help a disabled person to try and prove a point. Not a great example to use I'm afraid.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I work for the NHS and am a band 5, if you are really bothered about how much that is then you can find out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I work for the NHS and am a band 5, if you are really bothered about how much that is then you can find out.

Daughter is studying nursing at Uni and will start at B5 when she graduates so I know............you're woefully underpaid for the brilliant work you do IMHO

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Ah this is the one where the driver refused to help a disabled person to try and prove a point. Not a great example to use I'm afraid.

The driver that was never meant to assist passengers like this? We'll go with your suggestion and get drivers to assist in situations like this. First time a driver has to shut down his cab, assist someone and then start everything up again on the Brighton mainline in the morning peak will be great fun. At least 15 minutes of delay to that one train, not to mention the dozens of others following it up.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The driver that was never meant to assist passengers like this? We'll go with your suggestion and get drivers to assist in situations like this. First time a driver has to shut down his cab, assist someone and then start everything up again on the Brighton mainline in the morning peak will be great fun. At least 15 minutes of delay to that one train, not to mention the dozens of others following it up.

Don't be silly now. I'm saying to choose that story. That particular story. Doesn't gird your argument very well. I've expressed my views on that particular story over on the relevant thread where further reading is available should you wish, I certainly won't be exploring it any further on this thread except to say that the scenario you describe above would be a damned sight better service than the one your rabble currently provide.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Daughter is studying nursing at Uni and will start at B5 when she graduates so I know............you're woefully underpaid for the brilliant work you do IMHO

Id like to claim I work in a medical role but I dont, I work in IT, so our bandings will be different, however the whole underpaid thing is still correct as it is accross the whole of the NHS.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Teacher so I do not earn a great deal a year but I get a lot of job satisfaction and long holidays so I would not trade for a higher salary, more stress and less breaks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here