Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ring Of Fire before kick off

Ring Of Fire before kick off, do you like it?

• Total voters

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I do like it. It gets people on all 3 sides off their chairs, even if for just 15 seconds.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if away fans said 'WTF was that?'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surprises me that so many like it, particularly as they **** up the timing every single time and we end up with 2-3 seconds of confused "oh have they kicked off?"

For me it drowns out the fans - the natural atmosphere - and I would definitely get rid of any music for the final 20-30 seconds before kick off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like it, it is a bit of fun, what's not to like.

It’s TINPOT imo but it seems the majority either like it or aren’t bothered. Looking forward to goal music and the drum in the near future, maybe we can sneak some 7 Nation Army in somewhere too :wink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's a YES from me.....

Think it adds to the atmosphere and anticipation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s TINPOT imo but it seems the majority either like it or aren’t bothered. Looking forward to goal music and the drum in the near future, maybe we can sneak some 7 Nation Army in somewhere too :wink:

Isn't calling stuff TINPOT, TINPOT these days?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I hate it
I miss the ‘natural’ build up to KO. One of my favourite parts of the game, the anticipation.
That rising roar before the whistle is blown.

As for the pathetic version of the tune...............

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hate it
I miss the ‘natural’ build up to KO. One of my favourite parts of the game, the anticipation.
That rising roar before the whistle is blown.

As for the pathetic version of the tune...............

Totally agree, playing music once the players are out just “dumbs down” the experience for me. I am astounded so many like it or are “meh”. I did not expect this poll to go this way at all :shrug:

I wonder how many of those that like it are comparatively new to live football...I.E post Sky

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry if already mentioned but why no lyrics on the screen for SBTS anymore?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Totally agree, playing music once the players are out just “dumbs down” the experience for me. I am astounded so many like it or are “meh”. I did not expect this poll to go this way at all :shrug:

I wonder how many of those that like it are comparatively new to live football...I.E post Sky

I voted that I like it but that's because there was no option for no music at all near kick-off. I thought some of the alternatives may turn out to be worse.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Very surprised also. I really hate it. It's not even a good tune! The fact it goes on until the second the ref blows the whistle makes it worse. No chance for any natural atmosphere to build at all

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sorry if already mentioned but why no lyrics on the screen for SBTS anymore?
That is a really good thing. I assume it is because they think enough people know the words now for it not to be needed.

I hope there is no backsliding now to GUTWTC from the infinitely better TTATWSOF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here