Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] "Comments" below Argus articles

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
didnt brighton bluenose post on here for a while?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
29595004_10214318783575855_4783658926727005814_n.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You will find them after any article whatsoever, where the word "cycle" appears (stolen cycles, charity rides, accidents involving cycles etc) Apparently all of us cyclists always go through red traffic lights or ride on the pavement as well as our other faults you have mentioned.

I know exactly what you mean. Routine news like cyclist maimed, killed or a cycling kid run over.

Brings out the "cars were around before bikes anyway" bright sparks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You will find them after any article whatsoever, where the word "cycle" appears (stolen cycles, charity rides, accidents involving cycles etc) Apparently all of us cyclists always go through red traffic lights or ride on the pavement as well as our other faults you have mentioned.

Yes, yes you do.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
NSC has a Mod who thinks it is funny to put up made up pictures of Hitler for a laugh

And he's still a Moderator ! It used to be that if someone really messed up by misjudging a situation and commenting inappropriately, they would resign.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

what about they don't have lights at night?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Not all, just many and often in a range of cirumstances. I was once nearly hit by a cyclist in full lycra who thought he was on a time trial and stopping/slowing down for a red light on a pedestrian crossing was beneath him even though he had time to brake, oh, and he gave me the full verbal treatment for stepping out on to the road when it was green for pedestrians

. I have also driven along the coast road through Brighton at about 6 am to go fishing on the Marina and noted a group of cyclists ignoring every red light until a police car joined the road then miraculously they were able to discern the difference between red and green lights !

I have also been in Brighton by the Steyne on the day of the London to Brighton Bike Ride and saw groups of Stewards at the traffic lights and pedestrian crossings shouting out to the cyclists to stop at the numerous red lights as they were incapable of stopping under their own volition.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Comments" below Argus articles

I personally don't find humorous trolling at the expense of someone else that funny, in-fact, I find it rather disturbing how people in their middle ages, with kids, come on a Football forum and start venting their crap at someone year after year. For example, all Hove Born n Bred needs to do is log on and then he suddenly has half of the Amex berating him about who he is. And why do some users feel the need to join in with the already large amounts of users all getting their cheap kicks from mobbing the one user?

There's definitely a trolling issue on NSC which will obviously be approached with denial. There's some very creepy users on here who'll remember your every word and mistake from years gone back just so they can they remind you of it years and years later. These same trolls disguise their insanity by berating other users with mental health 'jokes' whilst giving and receiving their much needed thumbs up from fellow trolls. I'll point them out next time they start having their weekly online projection time.

Hello darling. :bigwave:

Have you inflated Rosa tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not all, just many and often in a range of cirumstances. I was once nearly hit by a cyclist in full lycra who thought he was on a time trial and stopping/slowing down for a red light on a pedestrian crossing was beneath him even though he had time to brake, oh, and he gave me the full verbal treatment for stepping out on to the road when it was green for pedestrians

. I have also driven along the coast road through Brighton at about 6 am to go fishing on the Marina and noted a group of cyclists ignoring every red light until a police car joined the road then miraculously they were able to discern the difference between red and green lights !

I have also been in Brighton by the Steyne on the day of the London to Brighton Bike Ride and saw groups of Stewards at the traffic lights and pedestrian crossings shouting out to the cyclists to stop at the numerous red lights as they were incapable of stopping under their own volition.

I once saw a car driver not indicate left, when turning left.
Other than that I've never seen anything untoward from people of the car.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I personally don't find humorous trolling at the expense of someone else that funny, in-fact, I find it rather disturbing how people in their middle ages, with kids, come on a Football forum and start venting their crap at someone year after year. For example, all Hove Born n Bred needs to do is log on and then he suddenly has half of the Amex berating him about who he is. And why do some users feel the need to join in with the already large amounts of users all getting their cheap kicks from mobbing the one user?

There's definitely a trolling issue on NSC which will obviously be approached with denial. There's some very creepy users on here who'll remember your every word and mistake from years gone back just so they can they remind you of it years and years later. These same trolls disguise their insanity by berating other users with mental health 'jokes' whilst giving and receiving their much needed thumbs up from fellow trolls. I'll point them out next time they start having their weekly online projection time.

Unfortunately you are forgetting one crucial factor from that rant.

The trollees desire to be trolled.
You mention HB&B a poster who on numerous occasions has said how much he enjoys the attention.

His current April Fool's thread typifies this.

Appalling title - that'll catch a few.
Link to my own article - Oh this is going to be great.
Waiting - A few bites.

The thread then takes a turn to an actual discussion, what does Timmy do:-

Joins in like a 'normal' poster and then follows a few posts about unknown railway stations of the past.

Then of course, there's uber-NSC who frequently says the same about how much he enjoys winding people up, and encourages the attention with poor spelling and stirring self-righteousness.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Are you not bored of repeating yourself year after year?

By the way me and Rosa split up in may 2016. I've had epilepsy since. Now you've recieved your thumbs up Any chance you could give this break?

You split up with yourself? Who got to keep the IP address?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfortunately you are forgetting one crucial factor from that rant.

The trollees desire to be trolled.
You mention HB&B a poster who on numerous occasions has said how much he enjoys the attention.

His current April Fool's thread typifies this.

Appalling title - that'll catch a few.
Link to my own article - Oh this is going to be great.
Waiting - A few bites.

The thread then takes a turn to an actual discussion, what does Timmy do:-

Joins in like a 'normal' poster and then follows a few posts about unknown railway stations of the past.

Then of course, there's uber-NSC who frequently says the same about how much he enjoys winding people up, and encourages the attention with poor spelling and stirring self-righteousness.
You mention HB&B.... I have had him on ignore for a couple of years or more now. It is SO liberating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You mention HB&B.... I have had him on ignore for a couple of years or more now. It is SO liberating.

I have never seen the point of the ignore list.
If I don't want to engage with someone I won't, rocket science it ain't.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hello darling. :bigwave:

Have you inflated Rosa tonight?

I'm guessing that The Truth/Hybrid_X/Rosa/Brunswick/Megazone means people like you and me when he talks of users who remember stuff posted from years ago. It's the first time I've heard of having a good memory described as 'creepy' though. It's a bit rich too to accuse others making light of mental health issues when at least two of those alter egos have themselves made a big thing of accusing people of cognitive dissonance - itself a mental condition.

Saying that, I do think that Megazone has a point about certain posters getting ganged up on. I see it as a bit like ice hockey - if it's just two or three people having a barney then leave them to it but if it's loads piling in then it needs a bit more oversight. If the post is plainly fishing or grossly offensive or the poster has previous then there's a lot more leeway but if it gets personal about family then I think a line's been crossed. I'm sure I've crossed that line in the past so I'm not trying to paint myself as any moral arbiter here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I'm guessing that The Truth/Hybrid_X/Rosa/Brunswick/Megazone means people like you and me when he talks of users who remember stuff posted from years ago. It's the first time I've heard of having a good memory described as 'creepy' though. It's a bit rich too to accuse others making light of mental health issues when at least two of those alter egos have themselves made a big thing of accusing people of cognitive dissonance - itself a mental condition.

Saying that, I do think that Megazone has a point about certain posters getting ganged up on. I see it as a bit like ice hockey - if it's just two or three people having a barney then leave them to it but if it's loads piling in then it needs a bit more oversight. If the post is plainly fishing or grossly offensive or the poster has previous then there's a lot more leeway but if it gets personal about family then I think a line's been crossed. I'm sure I've crossed that line in the past so I'm not trying to paint myself as any moral arbiter here.

Tremendous post.

I’ll say this right here and now to [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] . You crossed the line the second you denied 9/11 in your creepy CT threads. I ran a full on marathon to raise money in one of the deceased names while you try and score “thinking” points that are an insult to the grieving relatives based on the fact that you’ve watched a you tube vid while stoned.

The fact that I remember that you got caught out posting from two accounts to back up your nonsense, and that you pretended one of them was your girlfriend, is never going to go. It’s too weird and people need to understand where you’ve been.

But you’re the one that brought it up tonight, no?

Beyond that though I agree with [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] , group kills aren’t great and I’ve been a part of that at times.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The above posters have proved my point down to a T. I haven't read Buzzers post but I'm guessing it's about my ex girlfriend being a multiple account of mine me? Has he accused me of being Brunswick, Colinz, and a load of other users? If so, this is what hi and Guinness boy have been doing for the last 7 years. They have it in their head that I was also Rosa and the that my ex girlfriend never existed. What's worse is they won't stop.

Jul 7, 2003
It's really badly moderated. I've sometimes seen such deeply insensitive comments on there I've been compelled to report them. For instance if there's a story about a child or teenager who's been killed in an accident or in an assault it's quite normal to see a load of comments criticising and questioning the parents' parenting skills for allowing their child to be in the situation which led to them being killed, even if the circumstances of the child's death had nothing to do with any irresponsibility or neglect on the part of the parents whatsoever. I just imagine the grieving parents reading the article and coming across all those toxic comments. The Argus don't seem to self-police the comments and seem quite happy for those comments to be left on there unless they are reported. I know they cant keep an eye on all the comments but there are certain articles that you know are going to attract the vermin and which will have the potential to cause extreme distress to anyone remotely connected to the subject of the article.

A mate of mine died nearly 11 years ago in a freak skiing accident. Loads of people used the comments page to pay their respects to him and I know that his parents were touched by the comments and kept a copy of the pages as part of his memory.

It is a shame that these idiots have been allowed to take over the comments by such poor moderation as something that had the potential for good has now turned into something so tawdry.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here