Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noooooooo!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What about a personalised half/half scarf? You could have a BHA/CP one, your name and the name of your best Palace chum?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well that's just bloody STUPID then isn't it.

*puts wallet away*

I must confess I thought the same too. Completely takes the fun out of it. What about nicknames, kids pet names, something funny. Could easily have had a quick look through to make sure there wasn't any swear words or anything.

They will sell less as a result.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I imagine it's something for children to put up in their bedrooms?

I saw a quite rotund 25ish year old with beard, and cargo shorts, resplendent in his personalised scarf in WSU on Tuesday night. I blame him for the flukey Geordie opener.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must confess I thought the same too. Completely takes the fun out of it. What about nicknames, kids pet names, something funny. Could easily have had a quick look through to make sure there wasn't any swear words or anything.

They will sell less as a result.

Exactly. As long as its nothing offensive, then where's the harm ?

'Your Mum' would've been a goodun.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I saw a quite rotund 25ish year old with beard, and cargo shorts, resplendent in his personalised scarf in WSU on Tuesday night. I blame him for the flukey Geordie opener.

What about the bloke in the North with 'Going Up 17' on the back of his shirt?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What about the bloke in the North with 'Going Up 17' on the back of his shirt?

Perhaps he's unable to use his hands very well, has a severe speech impediment and lives high up in a block of flats and uses the lift?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly. As long as its nothing offensive, then where's the harm ?

'Your Mum' would've been a goodun.

It would be quite funny to see what you could get away with, given that they insist on names only. Presumably the requests are taken online and somebody just glances at them to make sure nothing offensive or non-nominal is permitted to be printed.

I'm thinking in a sort of "Hello, Moe's Tavern?" way.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
It would be quite funny to see what you could get away with, given that they insist on names only. Presumably the requests are taken online and somebody just glances at them to make sure nothing offensive or non-nominal is permitted to be printed.

I'm thinking in a sort of "Hello, Moe's Tavern?" way.

Mustapha Vanke?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here