Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Much as I'd like us to go up we are nowhere near being able to predict that with any degree of certainty, I'm not so certain being in the Premier League is all its cracked up to be, its expensive and a battle just to avoid relegation for most clubs and we'll be no exception - other than we'll do it with far more class than Palace could ever dream of. Your club is an absolute train wreck of epic proportions, you have no direction, no leadership and a CEO who worries more about how his hair and rayban aviators look as opposed to trying to run the club with any sense of order, add to that you play in the most decrepit out of date & worst stadium in the top division and yours is a club that this has been threatening to happen for some time. How players are convinced to sign when they visit Selhurst is beyond me - its a dump and you've clearly overpaid in fees and wages for many of your biggest 'stars' in order to get them to play for such a dysfunctional club. I'm utterly convinced that whilst we might not do any better than you in the Prem were we lucky enough to be promoted, we'd do it with a bit more decorum and class - your lot have none.

Keep telling yourself that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Painful? Lol, nobody has died. Yes we are struggling, yes we are playing shite, yes we look like going down(but there is hope still).
Annoying? Yes. Painful? No.

I did wonder if you were one of the new 10k that turned up after franchise reached the Prem - you've just confirmed that, thanks. Who did you support before?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Keep telling yourself that.

How about you give a counter argument or challenge anything I've said that isn't true? You can't because you know deep down what I've said is true and you support a club stuck in a time warp, unable to adapt, improve or progress beyond its next Sky paycheque - something your ultra thick ultras seem intent on opposing. I'll keep telling myself the truth of what I see our 2 clubs becoming - ours a club with resilience and infrastructure to withstand a promotion and relegation to and from the top tier, yours lurching from one disaster to another and imploding from within. Enjoy - you clearly are having a whale of a time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a very good video of the incident involving the Palace fan on the pitch here. It's at 4m 41s and in fairness to the Palace fan it does look like he is gesturing to the badge on his shirt and he never once tries to raise a hand to Delaney. He'll get a very lengthy ban for that but it's not true to say that he tried to take a swing at him. Also in the same video at 6m 21s are the Ultras having a go at the players at full time as they go through the tunnel. Bad times at Selhurst,

https://youtu.be/5WQvNGE1gT4?t=4m21s

Can definitely see a swing from the fan and a headbutt movement from Delaney - let's hope both get lengthy bans. Would also expect a 7 figure fine for CPFC2010 for their stewards failing to control those animals.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
There's a very good video of the incident involving the Palace fan on the pitch here. It's at 4m 41s and in fairness to the Palace fan it does look like he is gesturing to the badge on his shirt and he never once tries to raise a hand to Delaney. He'll get a very lengthy ban for that but it's not true to say that he tried to take a swing at him. Also in the same video at 6m 21s are the Ultras having a go at the players at full time as they go through the tunnel. Bad times at Selhurst,

Top Sammy Lee action at 1:49 - rearranging the practice balls and at 6:06 - shouting whilst possessing a weirdly out of proportion body.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Fantastic

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can definitely see a swing from the fan and a headbutt movement from Delaney - let's hope both get lengthy bans.

I'm not so sure matey. I reckon he's holding the badge in his left and pointing at him with his right. He had plenty of time if he wanted to to swing a punch. You're right about Delaney though but think it's a bit of a sly one after the stewards pounced and there's no way that Delaney would get taken to task over that. I think the bigger punishment is losing every week in such a shambolic manner and knowing that the manager is blaming the team and taking no responsibility for it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
o1larvx.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you imagine how funny it would be to read the dossier BFS prepared on palace, the one he used to stab Pards in the back with.

I don't imagine losing 4-0 at home to Sunderland, gets a mention.

No doubt we're in the brown stuff but this last week we've lost to one of the richest clubs in the World, won away at Bournemouth,then got a tonking v Sunderland, will we scrap through?? am doubting it but keeping a bit of faith.

You've lost to National league Lincoln ,then Huddersfield and only just scraped a point at Brentford , Thankfully we got 3 points you only got 1 & lost to a non league team, lucky not to lose yesterday so am happy enough with that.
Not to mention we're only 2 points behind the champions :) Looking increasing like you're going to be caught by the chasing pack ,See you in May :thumbsup:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No doubt we're in the brown stuff but this last week we've lost to one of the richest clubs in the World, won away at Bournemouth,then got a tonking v Sunderland, will we scrap through?? am doubting it but keeping a bit of faith.

You've lost to National league Lincoln ,then Huddersfield and only just scraped a point at Brentford , Thankfully we got 3 points you only got 1 & lost to a non league team, lucky not to lose yesterday so am happy enough with that.
Not to mention we're only 2 points behind the champions :) Looking increasing like you're going to be caught by t he chasing pack ,See you in May :thumbsup:
What a tw*t you are.
So you are happy to compare results over a 10 day period, well whatever eases your pain.
The difference is we have a TEAM playing like a team, you have a team playing like a team of high paid mercenaries. I know which one I would rather back and support to succeed this season.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Not to mention we're only 2 points behind the champions :) Looking increasing like you're going to be caught by the chasing pack ,See you in May :thumbsup:

God I wish I was a Palace fan. Did they make a DVD of the Bolton replay?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You do realise that you to will have overpaid mercenaries as well, when( :lol: ) you go up?

Or are the mighty Bha somehow immune.
If we ever go up, we'll have to pay PL wages, but I'd hope we get players who will fight for the team. That's what's making Palace stand out at the moment. You seem to have amassed a very well paid team who couldn't give a shit. That's quite unlike your PL rivals.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I must admit I'm getting very worried now, we have only had one less defeat in the league, than your lot has had wins. But, I can't believe we'd have a bad enough run to end up with more defeats than your wins.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

No you won't..

:thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

We came back from 2-0 down to get a very creditable draw. When you were 2-0 down on Saturday, you promptly let in another 2 goals in, what was it 5 minutes, to completely surrender to a team bottom of the league. But, if it makes you feel better, crack on

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If we ever go up, we'll have to pay PL wages, but I'd hope we get players who will fight for the team. That's what's making Palace stand out at the moment. You seem to have amassed a very well paid team who couldn't give a shit. That's quite unlike your PL rivals.

I think the players the fans are having a go at for letting the team down are players like Ward, Ledley, Puncheon and Hennessey and not the high paid ones, as yet. But if you look at those players who in the past have been fighters for the team, you have to wonder if the fans are correct, they don't give it their all any more and wonder why?

When these player's signed they were reportedly on around £35k per week and it seems Zaha still is. Ask yourself how you would feel, if you were one of those players like Zaha and playing with people like Benteke and Cabye who are getting a huge £90k per week more than you. To rub salt in the wounds, they are now bringing in average players reportedly on around £55k per week, a mere £20k more than those 5 established players. Does this all help towards a good team spirit and one that all players want to fight for the shirt. I somehow doubt it. I do realize that better players have always been paid more, but those differentials are stupidly massive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here