Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New deals for three; five released

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009
Have to admit to being surprised. I thought he was terrific when he came back in a couple of weeks ago, given how long he was out for. I guess if he wants to start every week he's had to move on.

likewise, would obviously have been released if we went up, but at this level, with his experience and passion he was definitely worth another year, even if as back up, he can still cut it at this level....... very surprised, unless of course they've already lined up his replacement?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought GG might get one more year. No other real surprises. Calde will always be loved and welcome any time at the club. As Orlandi said in his video message Calde likes "running and football" so I'm sure will get a place at a local-ish team. I genuinely hope he doesn't end up at the #twats mind you.

If you love them, let them go

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
To me, this implies both Goldson and Dunk are staying, with another CB coming in as 4 are needed within the squad.

Thanks to all the players leaving though. Especially Greer and Calderon. They were all loved by the fans, and you've both been magnificent.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm guessing there is no place for sentiment in the drive for Premier League football, personally I think they'll be more news on Calde or, as is very possible, he wishes to return to his homeland?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
GG's been a great professional and has captained us through a brilliant era for the club. Hope he finds a team where he can start every game.

Thanks for the memories and good luck with whatever comes next. A future manager maybe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Greer may well have been a case that the club would have retained him, but he wanted regular football which they could not offer.

Would not be surprised if he ended up at Rangers for a year.

For sure, GG has a few good seasons left in him North of the border, if that's where his heart lies.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for everything Gordon, I've really enjoyed watching you, you've been class for us. It most certainly was NOT a step back lol!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this only the players out of contract as no mention of those under contract being placed on the transfer list or that we would accept offers for. I wouldnt disagree with any of those decisions taken.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Question has to be asked: how many goalkeeping COACHES do we need?

Correct answer: ONE

I've no idea if Roberts is the only goalkeeping coach at the club / academy, but there must be in excess of 30 keepers at the club, through the age groups and various teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here