Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Anyone know what we paid for him?

Was £1.2m as previously reported or €1.6m (consider that Ulloa was €2m)

Does the fact that he signed on deadline day suggest:

We were holding out for another target and he was 2nd choice
He was holding out for another club and we were 2nd choice

If not surely the deal could have been done earlier in the window.

[/QUOTE=nwgull;7266312]Or his agent was holding out for more cash from either us or QPR.[/QUOTE]

Skalak fee was £1.2m apparently

Google translate copy of a Czech Journo's interview with him on how the move came about, when, others interested etc and hopes.

In summary interest all Jan but only confirmed this weekend, his mind was made up re us as soon as he heard of our interest, there were German bundeslige clubs in for him but any move there would have had to wait for the Spring which was too late, def never wanted to go to QPR and loves the City.

Great purchase.

Skalák Brighton: living by the sea and unusual treatment before training
February 2, 2016 27
Impressed by the beauty of the city, but also surprised by the unusual methods before training. Footballer George Skalák has completed the first day of a new engagement in Brighton, England. "I'm happy that my transfer success," he said in an interview iDNES.cz.

George Skalák (left) poses after transfer to Brighton with his agent Viktor Kolar of company Sport Invest International. | Photo: www.sport-invest.cz
Twenty-three offensive midfielder on Monday evening with the second league club signed a contract for three and a half years, Brighton has a contract option for next year.

On Tuesday morning Skalák with a team that is fighting for promotion to the Premier League, he coached for the first time. Before he ran onto the field, he experienced the traditional familiarization with new teammates, a joint breakfast interview with the coach, but also an unusual procedure ...

What was that about?
Every day gives urine. Once the doctor finds a problem, solve it immediately, you get a variety of drinks etc. Then they have to do different exercises, jumps, control the groin and knees. I've probably experienced something similar when only physical tests before beginning training. Of Boleslav known weight on that day we had.

What else surprised you?
When you come here for training, everyone fills as he slept, how many hours of sleep if you have any problems if it hurt. Now everything is consulted.

How do you receive from your teammates?
Every time I said hello, exchanged a few sentences. All were friendly to me, they offered it to them whenever I turn. It seemed to me that there's a great bunch.

She asked?
They asked me how I like it here, if you do not need anything. I most enjoyed the experienced Bruno. The Spaniard, for example, played in Valencia. English speaking slowly, so I was well understood.

How's your English?
It is not a problem, I understand, but meanwhile I have to be careful. It's worse when I had to say something. But I'm learning, the coach explained the systemic things, it was cool.

The coach Hughtonem've already met the previous day after signing the contract. At what point in the report with you counting?
He said that my game is well rehearsed with me on those counts three offensive positions. From the left side, the right side and the position podhrotového players. It depends on the opponent and the fact of what disposition will be decided.

THERE WILL BE AT HOME. The stadium embarking Brighton footballers, among which ...
George Skalák (left) poses after transfer to Brighton with his agent Victor ...
Footballer George Skalák (center) has just become a player in Brighton, ...
Footballer George Skalák (center) has just become a player in Brighton, ...
View photo gallery
Relieved you did that change you behind? In early January he was an ardent interest in Brighton, but then it seemed that the deal does not take place in the spring and you stay in Boleslav.
First days in January it seemed to fly away, the interest was great. But then the meetings stopped. Other offers came, a couple of days I did not know what will happen, it was annoying. I left it up to the manager. I said, let me be ready, that the Britons to leave at the last minute. Over the weekend, I was convinced that I would remain in Boleslav.

But finally there was the words of Viktor Kolar and you have transgressed. You had a whole suitcase ready in January?
Yeah, he had but half the things I took from him and took a training camp in Austria.

From there, you come back on the weekend. What happened?
On Sunday evening I was at Erich Brabec, at ten o'clock I called the manager on Monday at noon I'm flying to England. I was pleasantly surprised. I did not manage to say goodbye in Boleslav. But hopefully in the next few days I get to Czech and get it right.

When have you believe that you change?
When I arrived and was here, so I thought that once I pass a health inspection, it is done. And as I signed the contract, then everything fell off me. I was very happy and tired too. Monday, it was difficult. The tests lasted five or six hours I was on the magnetic resonance wanted to see what my operated knee.

You've had an offer from another and second-league team Queens Park Rangers. How bad was it?
From the first moment I wanted to Brighton. They watched half of the year, were also on last autumn round at Brno. We wanted to go there.

Bundesliga attracted you? Interest were Bremen and Hamburg.
I appreciated it, but I gave priority to Brighton. It is an ambitious club, a chance to advance to the Premier League. It is a dream to get there and I hope I will fulfill. As for the Bundesliga, it would be dealt with during the spring.

Fans in the Czech Republic have the feeling that you had to wait for a change after the Euro. That you had better deals than other English league. What do you respond?
It is their opinion, but for me it is super Brighton. I did not make a mistake. I believe that I'm playing regularly, it will pass. How many Czech players went recently to England or Germany? I am happy that I succeeded.

Brighton is one of the most beautiful and most popular English tourist town. What impression did you?
From Gatwick airport we drove thirty minutes. When we arrived, we were surprised how nice the city. Yet I live in a hotel in the heart of the sea. Splendor. In the summer here it is said to be unreal.

So for their own housing favors Center at sea?
Most of his teammates live in a quieter part of town. I do not know how to decide. If the apartment nearest house or somewhere on the outskirts. I'll see what I would like.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thanks for posting - a pretty good insight into what it is like from the players perspective during a transfer.

It may just be me, but it does appear that the club kept this going for quite a while and it is lucky that he was impressed with the city and club and didn't go elsewhere. Also, although it is probably considered quite a small thing, it is pretty poor form to give the lad so little notice that he can't say a proper goodbye to his team mates.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thanks for posting - a pretty good insight into what it is like from the players perspective during a transfer.

It may just be me, but it does appear that the club kept this going for quite a while and it is lucky that he was impressed with the city and club and didn't go elsewhere. Also, although it is probably considered quite a small thing, it is pretty poor form to give the lad so little notice that he can't say a proper goodbye to his team mates.

I would have thought that this was standard for most deadline day deals. I am sure he will get a chance to pop back over the weekend.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would have thought that this was standard for most deadline day deals. I am sure he will get a chance to pop back over the weekend.

I guess so, I suppose its more the fact that the deadline day deal took a month because we went quiet for a couple of weeks!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How do you receive from your teammates?
Every time I said hello, exchanged a few sentences. All were friendly to me, they offered it to [me] whenever I turn.
I liked this line. Put me in mind of Charles Charlie Charles and his team of jolly good chaps passing round the ready rubbed...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Aren't they in their winter break at the moment so they might not have been together for a few days

Maybe his agent was the issue and we made him sweat for a few days

Good points both well made! By no means am I looking for a negative with the Club or the signing as I am happy with both.

it was just something that struck me whilst reading it, however had forgotten about the winter break.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
I love curly wurlys, not really relevant but as we seem intent on keeping this thread going at all costs why not.

I also like Texans and would like to see them come back.

me - too when i had a wobbly tooth (milk teeth) in the 70's, i would get a curly-wurly from the paper shop to get the tooth out 66% success rate

would be happier if Tex came back from LFC rather than texans

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The players have a piss check every morning?

Seemingly so... substances, or dehydration or what?

I'd imagine that in theory its for health screening / hydration levels, but the players knowing that they are going to be tested every morning, must focus their minds should any of them be out and about, and in a weak moment thinking about a few sneaky pints, etc!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Aren't they in their winter break at the moment so they might not have been together for a few days

Although leagues who have winter break usually finish the week before Christmas and resume around the last week of January/first in February, the clubs still continue training and remain together with no break for the players. Its usual for many to have training camps in the sun somewhere, then returning to play a couple of friendlies before the season recommences.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'd imagine that in theory its for health screening / hydration levels, but the players knowing that they are going to be tested every morning, must focus their minds should any of them be out and about, and in a weak moment thinking about a few sneaky pints, etc!

Quite right too. The days of players going out for a few pints after training are long behind us thankfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here