Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak, 23yo Czech attacker, confirmed signing.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotba...ton.html?utm_source=isport.cz&utm_medium=copy

Via Google translate:

Mlada Boleslav register first concrete offer for the midfielder Jiri Skaláka. According to information Sport is the national team players are interested in the English second division Brighton, an ambitious club that thinks of making it to the Premier League.

England is a dream for George Skaláka countries where they wanted to play. Sen representative from Mlada Boleslav midfielder is now closer to reality. From the island he had arrived in the Central Bohemian Club offer.

"On the table is our first concrete offer for George Skaláka, we responded to it, and now waiting to see how the situation develops," said the president of the club Mlada Boleslav Josef Dufek. According to sports information comes from interest from the English second-league Brighton.

Brighton currently ranks fourth in the second English league, boasts a modern, top facilities and has ambitions to advance to the esteemed Premier League. In the summer, the club sought another Czech player - Matej Vydra. However, he eventually went on loan from Watford to Reading.

Now targeting Brighton on Skaláka. Mlada Boleslav has to offer informed of Sparta, from which spring a skilful midfielder for 10 million crowns bought. However, Sparta's right, therefore, to call any Transfer amount and Skaláka bring together, not use. Any amount on it will be too high.

When deciding on whether to Brighton Skalák transgresses or not, it is not yet certain. In any event, the player trained yesterday in Mlada Boleslav.

Skalák but has previously said that the winter transfer abroad resistance. "Sometimes they offer it can not refuse. A person also can not wait, not knowing what will happen if he gets hurt. Have the opportunity to go out will no longer be necessary. So I certainly do not resist, "he said on the subject Skalák in December.

For Mlada Boleslav played a great fall, his performances are fired up to the national team and has a real chance to reach the European Championship, which this year hosted by France. Fears that a change could complicate the way to the championship, should not.

"When I was a club wants to pay for my money, he wants Boleslav, so there should be some chance that I get a chance. That's then up to me. When nevyužiju chance, it's just me, maybe I did not use it even here in Boleslav, "he mused Skalák materially.

Now it solves, where the EURO will fight.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I am assuming he plays more as a winger than as a striker seeing as he has only scored 18 goals in around 110 appearance.
Not sure how many of those appearances would have come as a substitute.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sent the article to a Czech mate (no pun intended) of mine. His summary:

So they are saying that Brighton is ambitious and fighting for promotion into PL

This player is apparently the 'King of Autumn' which is a traditional award for best player in Czech league. Yes, in the second half there is a 'King of Spring'

It seem he won it very comprehensively.

There is a glitch though - they bought him somehow partially from Sparta Prague, therefore Sparta still has a say in the deal. The author of the article is speculating if this can be an obstacle in case Sparta is not reasonable, as it is a third party in a way.

They also say it is most likely not imminent as he still trained with his club yesterday (his club is Mlada Boleslav, the town where Skoda cars are made)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Sent the article to a Czech mate (no pun intended) of mine. His summary:

So they are saying that Brighton is ambitious and fighting for promotion into PL

This player is apparently the 'King of Autumn' which is a traditional award for best player in Czech league. Yes, in the second half there is a 'King of Spring'

It seem he won it very comprehensively.

There is a glitch though - they bought him somehow partially from Sparta Prague, therefore Sparta still has a say in the deal. The author of the article is speculating if this can be an obstacle in case Sparta is not reasonable, as it is a third party in a way.

They also say it is most likely not imminent as he still trained with his club yesterday (his club is Mlada Boleslav, the town where Skoda cars are made)
Sounds like the Italian part ownership deals rather than the South American 3rd party. Still complicated but the 10m crowns they paid for him is only £275k so even paying as much as 4x that would "only" be £1.1m. A good market to get into, by the looks of it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

I love that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No, it wasn't. The rancor was the monster under Jabba's throne, only Luke was threatened with that, when he defeates the Rancor, he and Han are taken to the Sarlacc pit to be fed to the Sarlacc.

#geekier

Hope he doesn't try and devour Bobby Zett :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I hope he signs as I now have a Czech wife and am residing here in Olomouc, CZ for 6 months. She's been to a few games and this will help cement her love of the Albion. Was hoping Vydra would sign earlier this season.

A few of the lads in the office support Sigma Olomouc and they ask about the Albion. Having a Czech player will make them interested.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Also spoken with some Sparta supporting mates in Prague and they seem to rate him....But then again the Czech League is not he most competitive...Is it still the Gambrinus league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here