Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Java Plugin - Virus Alert

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
virus.png19:50..
View attachment 57651

There seem to be random words highlighted in blue on some threads, if you hover on them Tesco are telling me I've won £500.

It started on the substance abuse thread though, I fear I may be having the mythical "flashback"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Adverts seem to be currently missing from the top right hand of the big board - are they still causing virus gyp or did somebody just forget to turn them on again?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Adverts seem to be currently missing from the top right hand of the big board - are they still causing virus gyp or did somebody just forget to turn them on again?

Every time I turn on the Google ads, some people get these rogue redirects. I've raised a support call with Google but I've not heard back yet.

We run two ad networks for those big banners. Keeping it simple, most of the ones you see are from Google. But we have a second network that we have configured such that if an advertiser wants to pay an extra-high rate for the slot, their advert appears instead of Google's. This is invisible to us, the site users, and happens within milliseconds.

For now, I've lowered the threshold that this other network needs to reach to display an advert so any ad banners you see are from them. Nothing is coming from Google at all. This is just to keep some money coming in as NSC burns though a lot of cash. A lot of the time nothing at all will be shown however.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
There seem to be random words highlighted in blue on some threads, if you hover on them Tesco are telling me I've won £500.

It started on the substance abuse thread though, I fear I may be having the mythical "flashback"

I had that, I fear one of the programmes has been downloaded onto your PC. Check for something called Bubbledock and try and uninstall.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every time I turn on the Google ads, some people get these rogue redirects. I've raised a support call with Google but I've not heard back yet.

We run two ad networks for those big banners. Keeping it simple, most of the ones you see are from Google. But we have a second network that we have configured such that if an advertiser wants to pay an extra-high rate for the slot, their advert appears instead of Google's. This is invisible to us, the site users, and happens within milliseconds.

For now, I've lowered the threshold that this other network needs to reach to display an advert so any ad banners you see are from them. Nothing is coming from Google at all. This is just to keep some money coming in as NSC burns though a lot of cash. A lot of the time nothing at all will be shown however.

Ah, right, cheers [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. Hope it all manages to resolve itself before it burns too big a hole in NSC's pocket. (Please yell earlydoors if you need us long-timers to contribute monetarily to the NSC monetary cause. Cheers) I'm guessing one or other of the two ad networks must be getting the same sort of complaints from its other messageboard customers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here