Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans going out to Brazil?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
We have booked our trip totally independent of travel agents, official travel etc, all via the internet, and basically spending a lot of time finding good deals. Every world cup is a fantastic event, getting to see large parts of the country is what it is all about for me, the football being a common bond making it even better. I have done Italy 1990, France 1998, Japan 2002, Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010. For me its not just the football, its the experience. The trip to South Africa was just as good after England got knocked out. Anyway I will be enjoying my boring time in the Amazon jungle, and dull Rio where nobody loves football. NSC is such a negative place these days I don't think I will bother any more. I for one will be enjoying the summer, some of you lot will be looking out for things to moan about! Anyway I am back out to the sun in the garden or is it too hot for some of you! Anyway let me know when we can meet up and boo the new manager, and get on his back if we look to be making the play offs.

Anyway Brighton and England til I die from somebody who looks forward to life and football!

I was part of the group that met you guys at the Fat Boy Slim gig in Cape Town after the terrible 0-0 draw with Algeria - yet still one of the greatest days and nights I can remember!

agree with your post completely - it's about having fun with like minded people and the places you see and fans you meet is just brilliant. I remember being quite nervous in South Africa for the first 5 minutes and within half hour we were eating and sharing drinks and stories with 8 Chilean fans, two dutch girls and a Canadian - brilliant experience!

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
I was part of the group that met you guys at the Fat Boy Slim gig in Cape Town after the terrible 0-0 draw with Algeria - yet still one of the greatest days and nights I can remember!

agree with your post completely - it's about having fun with like minded people and the places you see and fans you meet is just brilliant. I remember being quite nervous in South Africa for the first 5 minutes and within half hour we were eating and sharing drinks and stories with 8 Chilean fans, two dutch girls and a Canadian - brilliant experience!

I remember the FBS gig very well, I thought I had a photo of all us Albion fans together but I can't find it :-(
Perhaps I was more drunk than I remember and the photo doesn't exist.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I remember the FBS gig very well, I thought I had a photo of all us Albion fans together but I can't find it :-(

Sure i remember seeing a photo of that, but perhaps i was drunk when the story was recounted.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Sure i remember seeing a photo of that, but perhaps i was drunk when the story was recounted.

there were at least a couple more Albion fans at that gig that night not in the pic!

also off to brazil for 8 days... fly to SP for Eng v Uru, then flight to Curitiba for Honduras v Ecuador, flight to Rio for Belgium v Russia and then up to Belo Horizonte for Eng v CR. Match tickets, flights, accommodation, transfers = £2k. As Mr Blobby said, booking these trips yourself saves a fortune. Thomson are doing the same as us (without the 2 non-England games) and charging £5.5k!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Cannot believe the amounts that Thompson are charging for their packages. No wonder the majority of them are still being advertised online.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Fat Boy Slim Gig in Cape Town. A great night!

Attachments

• fbs sa.JPG
    fbs sa.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 153

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
also off to brazil for 8 days... fly to SP for Eng v Uru, then flight to Curitiba for Honduras v Ecuador, flight to Rio for Belgium v Russia
Got the Belgium Russia game ticket myself- see you in Wetherspoons (Yes, blieve it or not theres one in Rio lol)

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

I have quite a few if you're referring to my group! think we had 2 or 3 flags set out on some railings and then all moved to the front and partied when FBS came on. Ended up giving my Brighton shirt to a lovely South African lass :)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fat Boy Slim Gig in Cape Town. A great night!

I will be watching the games on TV to see if I can spot Brighton or Sussex Flags it excites me sometimes more than the Footie and it makes me feel proud of our fans and clubs. All those fans going have a great time. I would suggest it could be worth contacting the Albion and see if you could take sets of Brighton Shirts and find a good homes for some poorer parts of Brazil. The club must have loads of stock they need to shift with new kit being introduced. Just make sure you get good photos for the Seagulls programme and story. The club has good history in this field.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I bet the Gear out there will be flying around! some long old days and nights to be had no doubt.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
We r flying to Rio after the England game- anyone else based in Rio
Wheres the best spots on the Beach to visit?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like Calde is out there hanging with Norm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here