Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Hünemeier signs for Albion on a three-year deal

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Take it from a half-kraut: Ooo-vuh Who-nuh-my-err.

Correct! As a quarter-kraut and therefore half as qualified as you - I always thought a good rule of thumb: when there's an 'ei' you pronounce the 'i' and when there's an 'ie' you pronounce the 'e'.

Therefore: Who-nuh-my-er - is correct. :thumbsup: #prayforAspinall

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This won't be our record signing as they've suggested as CMS was £3.25 million was he not ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Has anyone, including [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] confirmed this, as everyone seems to be taking as if it is a done deal?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There is a simple formula here:

If the club is still serious about challenging for play offs in the near future then Dunk stays. If the club is happy with survival in the champ at best then Dunk goes. Simples. You cannot go into the season with only two recognised central defenders. We were short last year with 3!

So you're saying that Dunk shouldm't be sold for any amount? Do you not think we might be able to get a replacement for nine hundred million, billion, trillion pounds?

BHAMF01

Jun 21, 2015
New CB Uwe Hünemeier

Wouldn't he have done a medical by now ??? Which was ment to be around midday

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There is a simple formula here:

If the club is still serious about challenging for play offs in the near future then Dunk stays. If the club is happy with survival in the champ at best then Dunk goes. Simples. You cannot go into the season with only two recognised central defenders. We were short last year with 3!

Dunk is valued at £4-5m and will be worth the same or much more in the January or summer window. It's money in the bank and nothing would be gained by selling him now. Newcastle probably need a better CB and Dunk would be used as a back up on the bench. He'd be on good money, but playing here for another season would increase his stock value and wage demands later.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suppose the simple song would be:

Uwe, Uwe, Uwe, Uwe,
Hume..meier...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Looking at their fans forum, albeit via google translate, entertainment in itself, their fans seem fairly pissed off, particularly after some statement from him when made captain. Also, they are talking about him getting 3 x his salary in the England... despite it being an unknown team playing in the 2nd div, in the English provinces etc etc.. and money taking over the game.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/-2-hunemeier-uwe/thread/forum/65/thread_id/15129/page/3

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, they are talking about him getting 3 x his salary in the England... despite it being an unknown team playing in the 2nd div, in the English provinces etc etc.. and money taking over the game.

Taking into consideration you don't move country for less money, I think we can safely say they are factually correct on all 4 counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here