Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We’re quite a divisive lot aren’t we?

I signed off in 2015 after taking heavy amounts of vitriol from people I didn’t even know, when all I was trying to do was share worthwhile insight.

I guess i’ll just have to sign off again, if that improves people’s lives. Maybe if every time someone who has some worthwhile insight to share gets hounded out, this board will ultimately just become an argumentative opinionated binfest, if that’s what people want, that’s fine.

I honestly thought the fight was with the opposition, not with OUR OWN loyal lifelong families of fans. C’est la vie ....

Been a long time since this smiley has been used :flounce:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Personally, I'm in two minds about this one.

I'd ear-marked this autumn / winter to dial back my NSC activity and use the immense amout of liberated time to have a crack at some proper writing.

But now it looks like I'm going to spend more time on here then ever. :(

...oh well, there's always next year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Probably the most mouthwatering goal-reel of a new signing I have ever seen.

This chap looks a little bit special doesn't he.

Looking forward to an Iranian theme day at the Amex then?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Wedgee, I don't know you but I do 'sort of' know you from another place and know that you were always a good and respected sort of bloke.
I am sorry that you have had the reaction on here in the past few days but, to an extent, I know that you would always have expected that given NSC.
Anyway thanks for your insights, good luck, and enjoy the rapidly developing Albion. :albion2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Usual “I’ve not heard of him so he must be shit”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really are special on there.

Arshia42

Jul 24, 2018
As mentioned before Alireza is a very kind person. Never the kind to pick and fight.

His sportsmanship on a off the field is on another level, he gives his time back to people less fortunate than himself. He is a role model for all young Iranians.

On another note, whats the chance of changing your sponsors? We are not too fond of nike, they brought politics into sports and did not allow our athletes to rock their gear in the world cup.

I don't think Brighton fans should care about that, especially since Nike are the ones paying Brighton to use their brand. Besides, their kits are really nice- shouldn't concern themselves with a situation that isn't related to them.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
As mentioned before Alireza is a very kind person. Never the kind to pick and fight.

His sportsmanship on a off the field is on another level, he gives his time back to people less fortunate than himself. He is a role model for all young Iranians.

On another note, whats the chance of changing your sponsors? We are not too fond of nike, they brought politics into sports and did not allow our athletes to rock their gear in the world cup.

We have a (very good) CEO who is a firm believer that swooshes sell shirts, particularly with the kids.

So unfortunately not very likely, despite a large part of our fanbase disliking their catalogue rent-a-kit designs.

We finally managed to get rid of the horrendous white (actually cream) panels ironed on the front recently, so they've thrown us a bone.

RBR

Jul 24, 2018
Guys, I have to say I've never seen such a thing in my life before and brings me lot of joy. I mean you guys went from tracking his airplane and hoping they would make the right turn to land near where the team was haha! So priceless. I hope the team does reasonably well this year. Obviously the fans are of the good kind ;) !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyway, back on topic, you can see why AJ is so popular on the Seagulls TV interview. He is very articulate, thoughtful and comes over as a genuine person. If his football is half as good, we'll all be pretty happy.

The club seem really determined to sign players who are also decent individuals and not a disruptive influence. Remember reading an interview with Paul Winstanley where he talked about how much emphasis tbey put on a player's background and personality. Good to hear.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The club seem really determined to sign players who are also decent individuals and not a disruptive influence. Remember reading an interview with Paul Winstanley where he talked about how much emphasis tbey put on a player's background and personality. Good to hear.

Why did they sign locadia then cos he’s an absolute dick ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why did they sign locadia then cos he’s an absolute dick ?

Know him personally do you? Hope you're not the same Dwayne that used to spend every night trolling this message board in the late 90s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here