Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They are the two who should be played together v Barnet to help their understanding of each others play.

I and many thousands more would be ecstatic if a new signing striker was unveiled at the Barnet game even if he didnt play.

Well that's what we need. We miss Baldock, as there is no movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
They are the two who should be played together v Barnet to help their understanding of each others play.

I and many thousands more would be ecstatic if a new signing striker was unveiled at the Barnet game even if he didnt play.

I’ve been watching Brighton for over 40 years and can’t ever remember a player being “unveiled” at a game.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
But would have won the high jump. No idea of his value to Stoke but cant be a lot and probably not as much as we paid for GM.,

I get where you're coming from, but the priority needs to be some creativity. I don't remember our strikers having a sniff in the first 2 games, so whoever is up front, Murray/Hemed/Crouch, is irrelevant if there is zero service

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would Peter Crouch be cheap enough for a 1 year contract to score the goals to keep us up as an improvement on what we have at the moment.

1. He played for Stoke against Everton last week and was on the bench in their last game too. Stoke use him as an impact sub so why would they sell?

2. He is probably on £50k+ per week. We wouldn't pay him that.

3. He is 37 in January and settled in Stoke. Why move when he'll probably retire next year.

4. We already have two target men/immobile strikers, we don't need a third

File this with your Torres inquiry under 'not in a millions years'.

Next!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1. He played for Stoke against Everton last week and was on the bench in their last game too. Stoke use him as an impact sub so why would they sell?

2. He is probably on £50k+ per week. We wouldn't pay him that.

3. He is 37 in January and settled in Stoke. Why move when he'll probably retire next year.

4. We already have two target men/immobile strikers, we don't need a third

File this with your Torres inquiry under 'not in a millions years'.

Next!

1. They have just signed and played another striker
2. Possibly not a lot more than our top earners
3 We only need him for this season and usually pictured in the papers either in London or Dubai with his wife
4. Far more effective than the two we have and has vast Premiere experience and we need a 3rd striker perhaps a speedier one though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On Saturday there was actually quite a lot of movement up front, it was our midfield who dithered on the ball and ended up getting closed down and passing backwards.

Sorry, I don't agree. Murray was stationary in the main (particularly after Maguire trod on him). Gross did not make a forward run.

I do agree though the midfield were ponderous at best.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry, I don't agree. Murray was stationary in the main (particularly after Maguire trod on him). Gross did not make a forward run.

I do agree though the midfield were ponderous at best.

Not Murray but Murphy made numerous runs when we broke with the ball and to be fair Gross made some as well but none were spotted by our defence/midfield. This was in the first half, in he second half towards the end Dunk did try a few long balls into the runs but were over hit/effected by the wind.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Looks like old 'arry is busy today! Signing two loan players from Arsenal (Jenkinson and someone I haven't heard of), Sam Gallagher from Saints on loan and some bloke called Acquah?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Apart from the obvious signing of a striker that is needed, are we still looking at one or two others? A full back? Or back up keeper? Gone a bit quiet on that front....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here