Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters Wet Here!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
When I saw the fixture list I didnt expect us to get anything out of the first 2 games but I did expect better performances . We just look to slow

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are in for an almighty battle and I'm going to enjoy it! It'll be a nostalgic return to scrapping at the bottom. Those who have only known relative success can now earn their stripes!

Yep good point

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Unfortunately two tough fixtures to start with and the team barely assembled. Always likely to be tough. Time will tell whether the money has been spent wisely.

Consoling myself by rereading "Build a bonfire". Just got to the letter from Bellotti trying to ban Paul Samrah - his Christmas present for 1986. Whatever happens it can never again be that bad again! Up the Albion!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Unfortunately two tough fixtures to start with and the team barely assembled. Always likely to be tough. Time will tell whether the money has been spent wisely.

Consoling myself by rereading "Build a bonfire". Just got to the letter from Bellotti trying to ban Paul Samrah - his Christmas present for 1986. Whatever happens it can never again be that bad again! Up the Albion!

Words of wisdom from scousefan. Nothing will EVER be as bad as what we went through back then.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think everyone knew it would be difficult picking up any points in this league. However when the reality of it starts to unfold game by game then it hurts because you see individuals making errors and you think to yourself, ''that was avoidable.

I didn't think Propper played that badly today. Gross on the other hand looked a wee bit out of sorts and couldn't really link the defence with attack. I was speaking to the people around me who see them on training ground occasionally and I asked could Propper not play the role that gross was playing. He seems to be able to get the ball under control earlier.

There wasn't a lot of positives for me going forward because the build is far too slow. Plus points were the defence apart from the Suttner against Mahrez incident and the goalkeeping error but Mahrez does that to loads of defenders. Jamie has stepped up better than I feared he might not be able to do. He rarely loses possession.

It's 2 games in. The team will get better in the coming weeks but I want to see a game very soon when everyone goes out and leaves every once of energy they have on the pitch at the end of 90 minutes. I haven't seen that yet and it is going to take that type of performance to get the team and the fans believing we are capable of scoring goals and picking up points. Am I worried. No not yet but I do want a blood and guts performance like Dunk and Duffy are putting in, from everyone else. And I would like to see it soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't think Propper played that badly today. Gross on the other hand looked a wee bit out of sorts and couldn't really link the defence with attack. I was speaking to the people around me who see them on training ground occasionally and I asked could Propper not play the role that gross was playing. He seems to be able to get the ball under control earlier.
To me that smacks of rearranging the deskchairs on the Titanic.

If this link up player isn't able to then get beyond 'the big fella up front' it still leaves the Albion so easy to defend against.

The centre backs don't have to second guess or cover each other, let alone be fearful of getting turned.
The can play the big man with ease, and that's it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To me that smacks of rearranging the deskchairs on the Titanic.If this link up player isn't able to then get beyond 'the big fella up front' it still leaves the Albion so easy to defend against.

The centre backs don't have to second guess or cover each other, let alone be fearful of getting turned.
The can play the big man with ease, and that's it.

We did re-arrange the proverbial deck chairs you mention taking Gross off and trying Solly in that role later in the game. The reason I asked could Propper play that role is quite simply because I don't know the answer to it and I just felt it was crying out for a more physical presence from someone who could get the ball down when it came to him at chest height

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Is this the right place to whinge about Vardy being an overrated, diving, injury feigning little c**t who should never pull on another England shirt unless he's playing in a testimonial for some other England player who isn't an overrated, diving, injury feigning little c**t?

I would love him in a Brighton shirt. Brilliant player with amazing pace who doesn't shit himself in front of quality opposition and players with reputations. We might actually score some goals.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We are in for an almighty battle and I'm going to enjoy it! It'll be a nostalgic return to scrapping at the bottom. Those who have only known relative success can now earn their stripes!

Too bloody right! You've hit the nail on the head there, this will separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I would love him in a Brighton shirt. Brilliant player with amazing pace who doesn't shit himself in front of quality opposition and players with reputations. We might actually score some goals.

You'd have to be a complete nutjob to not want him in a Brighton shirt. Doesn't change him being a diving little stain though.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Is this the right place to whinge about Vardy being an overrated, diving, injury feigning little c**t who should never pull on another England shirt unless he's playing in a testimonial for some other England player who isn't an overrated, diving, injury feigning little c**t?

You forgot to mention that he still looks like Steptoe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here