Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
People comparing him to Stockdale when we first signed him. Well that season was a disaster.

We can't give him a season to get up to standard. We will get routinely murdered

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am sure there is a rational reason why we let Stockdale go, but to step up a league and let go of a keeper who was a big part of our promotion and back five continuity was a massive gamble, logic says we should have kept him rather than forming new playing relationships for a very tough season ahead.

Psychologically there would not have been the same pressure on Stockdale or the back five starting the season together because of being well drilled over a couple of seasons.

When we started at the Amex we were crying out for a decent keeper and now we let one go. I am sure there is a good reason for it but I just don't know what it is?

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Mixed feelings on him from the limited amount that I've seen of him so far, that save against Man City comes to mind with regards to him showing what he can do, has good reflexes and there is a good stopper in there but has also made some questionable simple errors, very early days and is unfair to jump to conclusions on him this early on, we all know what the PL is like though and he will have to cut the errors out sooner rather than later.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I know that I am old but I am sure that the goalkeepers gloves they use now do not allow the same grip as bare hands did in the old days. Gloves were only used in wet weather.

Absolutely. Back in the Sixties my cousin went out with a Brentford 'keeper for a while, and he used to improve his grip on the ball by rubbing his hands with something called Oil of Winterburn (if I've remembered the name correctly). so, yep, spot on, BG !

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm normally a pragmatist and willing to give the benefit of the doubt. All the evidence at hand points towards him not being up to scratch so far.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Can't catch
Can't hold onto the football
Not a shot stopper
Doesn't command his area
Average (reasonable) distribution

I really want him to improve but it's 3 goals in 3 games down to him.

Ben Roberts would be better

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Maenpaa starts Tuesday and if he keeps a clean sheet he will start at Watford .

If Maenpaa keeps a clean sheet vs Barnet he's better than Ryan who's been up against two teams who've both won the Premier League?

Can I come live in your world? Love a bit of strange.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
If Maenpaa keeps a clean sheet vs Barnet he's better than Ryan who's been up against two teams who've both won the Premier League?

Can I come live in your world? Love a bit of strange.
if he doesn't make a mistake why would u put Ryan back in ??
Ryan's mistakes would have happened at any level .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where the feck have you been for the last 2 years?

Probably 'lost' his laptop again.
Still at least he's found it now, it's purely coincidence that happens to be after successive defeats.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here