Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Direct - No Training Gear

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Those who have said the shop is shite are right. Shirts, flags and scarfs aside there really is nothing to buy in there. I used to regularly spend £100+ in there for kids at christmas, last year I looked and there was nothing. I went in there the other day and yes the shirts look great but everything else is complete tat.

I am sure they could do better, and having been to a number of other clubs shops over the last few seasons I am certain they could. Whether that would be more profitable though is arguable. Lots of stock doesn't always equate to profit.

I wonder if the club plan to improve the other merchandise soon, once the critical supply of the new PL kits to meet the demand stampede has subsided? I can't see the club missing an opportunity to maximise all revenue opportunities from our PL season/s.

Football club casual clothes and sundry items are never high quality to say the least. Tat made very cheaply, to maiximise profits. Fans shirley know that? Purchases are partly made to financially support the club you follow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder if the club plan to improve the other merchandise soon, once the critical supply of the new PL kits to meet the demand stampede has subsided? I can't see the club missing an opportunity to maximise all revenue opportunities from our PL season/s.

Football club casual clothes and sundry items are never high quality to say the least. Tat made very cheaply, to maiximise profits. Fans shirley know that? Purchases are partly made to financially support the club you follow.

It's not even the clothes that make the shop rubbish. I think we all accept they are never going to be the greatest. its the lack of souvenir type stuff that I find amazing. Just seems to have been the same old stuff ever since Nike came in and took two thirds of the shop over.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's not even the clothes that make the shop rubbish. I think we all accept they are never going to be the greatest. its the lack of souvenir type stuff that I find amazing. Just seems to have been the same old stuff ever since Nike came in and took two thirds of the shop over.

Now that foofball tourists are visiting on their £400 Thomas Cook packages from across the globe, I can see the club upping the ante on this. To fleece Danes, Chinese and Yanks, the club will sell over-priced watches, cashmere scarfs, fountain pens and signed photos ... along the lines of https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Gifts/By-Price/Gift-ideas-over-£50/c/giftsover50

Jul 7, 2003

Not the case at all. Many clubs have realised that people like to wear clothing related to their club. Smart shirts or polo shirts with a subtle logo - not a giant copy of the club badge. What the Albion merchandising team seem to forget is that older fans have money to spend and there is little on sale to appeal to someone who doesn't want a crap t-shirt or a replica shirt.

If you look at any NFL team website, there is a huge range of merchandise, often provided by well regarded manufacturers. Admittedly much of it comes from a template with just the team name and colours changing but as all Nike contracted football clubs (and international teams) seem to be using template kits, then why not have something similar in leisure wear. I was given some Albion cufflinks as a present. The club logo fell off one day - nowhere near the quality of my Denver Broncos cufflinks.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think the club is actually lacking a little in the creative/design area actually. They've got video production bang on, but the website, branding and absolute TAT they sell in the club store really isn't on par with other clubs IMO.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
And the Manager is on Holiday at the most important time (excluding Xmas).
Got to feel for the staff being left in the lurch by that individual.

I was at the Chelski club shop last week. 2 whole floors "FULLY" stocked ready for the Burnley game next day.
All shirts already had the PL badge on it and Players names were stocked.
None of the double queue we make our customers go through (queue to pay & queue to print).

As well as us their shop has been fully branded to the Kit suppliers design.
They also sell that company's boots and leisure gear.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And the Manager is on Holiday at the most important time (excluding Xmas).
Got to feel for the staff being left in the lurch by that individual.

I was at the Chelski club shop last week. 2 whole floors "FULLY" stocked ready for the Burnley game next day.
All shirts already had the PL badge on it and Players names were stocked.
None of the double queue we make our customers go through (queue to pay & queue to print).

As well as us their shop has been fully branded to the Kit suppliers design.
They also sell that company's boots and leisure gear.

nothing personal mate but FFS there are so many things wrong with your post that I don't know where to start. Let me try with this:

we might be in the same league as Chelsea but we have nowhere near their support, influence and buying power.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went into the shop this morning to buy the missus a women's home shirt, my God they are terrible, they look more like a fake than the fake shirt I bought.

bb9e3dbd0832213ff05e28e6512e80e7.jpg

She'll have to wait till they get some more stock of the regular shirts.

The shelves are bare in there, only kiddies size home shirts, and ghastly women's shirts. Shame really as there were loads of people in there wanting to buy, desperately trying to convince themselves to buy the away shirt, and seemingly (understandably) deciding not to.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Went into the shop this morning to buy the missus a women's home shirt, my God they are terrible, they look more like a fake than the fake shirt I bought.

bb9e3dbd0832213ff05e28e6512e80e7.jpg

She'll have to wait till they get some more stock of the regular shirts.

The shelves are bare in there, only kiddies size home shirts, and ghastly women's shirts. Shame really as there were loads of people in there wanting to buy, desperately trying to convince themselves to buy the away shirt, and seemingly (understandably) deciding not to.

if its more fake looking than a fake shirt you have already bought, why then did you buy it at probably double the price?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
if its more fake looking than a fake shirt you have already bought, why then did you buy it at probably double the price?

Er, I said I went in to buy the missus a women's shirt and when I saw it I thought it looked more fake than an actual fake. I didn't buy it on that basis. When the regular home shirts are back in stock I'll buy her one of those. My reasons for previously buying the fake don't come into it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Er, I said I went in to buy the missus a women's shirt and when I saw it I thought it looked more fake than an actual fake. I didn't buy it on that basis. When the regular home shirts are back in stock I'll buy her one of those. My reasons for previously buying the fake don't come into it.

Fact is you bought a fake and now complain about the original......and I dont care if you bought the fake for research!!

I just think its a bit ironic buying a fake then complaining about an original.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Fact is you bought a fake and now complain about the original......and I dont care if you bought the fake for research!!

I just think its a bit ironic buying a fake then complaining about an original.

What? I buy about a half a dozen football shirts a month, it's my hobby. When I saw that my team, the Albion, had now entered then echelons of fakery I decided I wanted one. I'll probably buy 2 or 3 of our current (men's) home shirt over the course of this season as and when ones I want become available, I'm not complaining about them.

I voiced an opinion that the women's shirt didn't look too clever, try to understand, I'm not being ironic, I'm not complaining about the men's original, just the botch job they've done for the women's version, it really is that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here