Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Signed Up to Talk Talk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Am presently with Virgin Media paying £56 per month for unlimited broadband, landline, (free weekend calls and other Virgin numbers) and a TV package without Sky Sports but 10 HD channels.

Just talked to a Hull City supporter on the phone and we were having a laugh at Steve Bruce etc.

Anyhow I've signed for Talk Talk with the same basic package but with all Sky Sports channels for £40 per month on an 18 month contract.

Not bad I think to get all the sport channels for £16 less per month.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I just hope you never have to use any of their customer service or support people (although I use the term "support" loosely)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Such a Shame

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bad, bad, bad move.

If you get any problems you'll be spending 50% of your life on calls to their useless technical support in the Philippines.

And don't think you'll be able to cancel easily without paying off your contract either.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
They are a complete nightmare to deal with, the worst I've ever come across. You can still back out, I would seriously consider it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They are a complete nightmare to deal with, the worst I've ever come across. You can still back out, I would seriously consider it.

They're all shit ... I've been with Sky and BT and once you run into anything even remotely out of the ordinary then the whole thing goes completely tits up. They are all fine until something goes wrong

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
For about the last five months of my Talk Talk contract I had no live TV at all. Had to watch everything via catch-up services or YouTube before going back to Sky.

Gave up trying to get anything out of their customer services people. Spent too many hours of my life lying on the floor listening to hold music, then talking to people who made me repeat the problem before putting me through to a different department after half an hour of more hold music. Occasionally someone would try to deal with the issue, but with no comprehension of what I was saying or any apparent ability to deal with the problem even if I could make myself understood. Then more hold music.

Worst customer service I've ever experienced. And there are plenty of contenders.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They are all shit ... I've been with Sky and BT and once you run into anything even remotely out of the ordinary then the whole thing goes completely tits up. They are all fine until something goes wrong

I had 2 phone lines with Cr@p Cr@p and as said by others, service is just horrendous. Not being racist, but when you eventually get them on the phone, it's next to impossible to get them to understand reg you are saying. Left to go to virgin earlier this year. Would rather pay slightly more and have someone you can acutally talk to.

They have these scripts so no matter what you say, they just read them out 1, 2 3 etc. You phone saying you have done xyz and they just follow and say to do x and then y and then z etc.. Total nightmare.

Talk Talk has got to be the most inappropriately named company in the World.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can't speak for Talk Talk but it's very rare to get someone to understand you correctly if you are unfortunate enough to get a Filipino worker in the Virgin Media call centre. Pleasant enough, but 9 times out of 10 I end up getting transferred back to a UK rep who always sorts my query out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't speak for Talk Talk but it's very rare to get someone to understand you correctly if you are unfortunate enough to get a Filipino worker in the Virgin Media call centre. Pleasant enough, but 9 times out of 10 I end up getting transferred back to a UK rep who always sorts my query out.
With TalkTalk you are stuck with the overseas people. And they will do everything possible to avoid using engineers to fix any problem.

A few quid a month extra to use a company with staff able to sort out problems is a few quid well spent.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I only use them for the internet and they've been pretty good for me.

Only company I'll never ever use again is 3 mobile,

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Any message that ends with

Sent from my blah blah blah really pisses me off.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I just hope you never have to use any of their customer service or support people (although I use the term "support" loosely)

We're 'dealing' with their customer service now. Our internet and phone line went down, and long story short the people they sent out haven't turned up today and I'm fuming :angry:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Honestly, i have had only one issue with TalkTalk, my internet went off for a week, so after a chat i managed to fully upgrade to their fibre optic unlimited service for £30/m with free calls to everyone.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I was talking to someone just this morning who told me he was ditching Talk Talk as he couldn't put up with their poor service any longer. He was not impressed with them at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here