Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our result v Leicester relative to our result v Man City

How will our result against Leicester compare to the result against Manchester City?

• Better (win, draw or 1 goal defeat)

Votes: 84 66.7%
  • The same (2 goal defeat)

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Worse (3 or more goal defeat)

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have long had this horrible feeling that Saturday's "easier" game against Leicester is going to see us pick up a worse result than the one v Manchester City.

What do you think?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Patient Bozza, I'm confident that we'll get a decent result on Saturday.
CH will hopefully have a different game plan to the Man City one, and have more onus on attacking and playing footy the Albion way.
Duffy will have Vardy the chin in his pocket :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't believe the gap between City and many Prem teams is as great as was being suggested in the post match threads. Their spending has been awesome but at this level much of the upside is incremental vs where they were

Difficult to see how we come away from Leicester with anything and it will be interesting to see how CH plays it. Right now I'm vacillating between a dogged 1-0 loss to a ripping apart from their pace and numbers

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't believe the gap between City and many Prem teams is as great as was being suggested in the post match threads.

I really hope you're wrong. We're going to get totally creamed all season if City are only marginally better than most teams in the league.

Right now I'm vacillating between a dogged 1-0 loss to a ripping apart from their pace and numbers

That said, I don't disagree with this conclusion. Leicester are still a decent side, very unlikely to be in the relegation mix. They're at home, and Vardy seems to be on a roll again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I have long had this horrible feeling that Saturday's "easier" game against Leicester is going to see us pick up a worse result than the one v Manchester City.

What do you think?

I agree, I think we're going to lose 0-3. It's going to take a while to get used to this level. I'm sure our wonderful fans will be patient and understand this.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It isn't just about the quality gap, but also the lack of understanding between key players. Last season Duffy and Norwood had dodgy debuts and Duffy in particular adjusted quickly. I hope we can click rather than suffer a confidence denting run of defeats.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not sure it will be a worse result but certain fans' response may well be due to seeing it as an 'easier' game. It should be remembered that 15 months ago Leicester were champions. The only key player from that team that is not their now is Kante. There should be no mistaking this for an easy game but sadly I fear a lot of fans have and will.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I really hope you're wrong. We're going to get totally creamed all season if City are only marginally better than most teams in the league.

Incremental to where they were last season (imo) not vs the rest of the league. Of course they are a far better team than the 13/14 'also rans' but just looking back on last season they didn't win by more than 2 too often, apart from a run right at the end when those in safety were on their hol's

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't believe the gap between City and many Prem teams is as great as was being suggested in the post match threads. Their spending has been awesome but at this level much of the upside is incremental vs where they were

Difficult to see how we come away from Leicester with anything and it will be interesting to see how CH plays it. Right now I'm vacillating between a dogged 1-0 loss to a ripping apart from their pace and numbers
If your theory was correct every team would be challenging for top 6

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With our strike force and the way CH is likely to set us up with 11 behind the ball I am expecting Brighton 0 so it's all down to the defence again. Hopefully we'll sneak a 0-0

I imagine we'll see the occasional break with a winger arriving at the byline but unable to cross because our centre forward is still lumbering up the pitch :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Listening to their game against Arsenal on 5Live, the commentators mentioned that they were back playing like their title winning side.

Sadly I think Bozza's prediction might come true. We might get some good possession but if we make any mistakes (like against Man City) or give them too much space -we're doomed.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hard to see us scoring and to keep them to 1 or 2 goals will again require luck.

Also fearing a bit of a pasting .

Clinging to the hope that Leicester may put in a shocker and we can get it together on the break .

Interesting comments on the gulf in class v city . Agree with earlier post . Regardless if they are world beaters , all teams in this league would still have a period of pressure and a few chances .

We will see

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Dunk and Duffy will give Vardy a much tougher time in the air than the Arsenal defence did though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Could easily lose this one by more than two goals. They are a very good side and will want to bounce back after their narrow defeat at Arsenal. Think we'll have to wait a little longer before we pick up our first points.

el punal

As back in 1979 it will take time for the players to get used to playing in the top tier. Last Saturday maybe the occasion overawed some of the players, but in the main we were dogged and resilient. Don't forget we had five new players on the pitch.

With regard to this coming Saturday I feel we will be more comfortable. The hype and expectation of our first Premier League match will have dissipated and we will get down to the nitty gritty part of trying to get a result. Whether we achieve that, well, who knows?

I do remember back in 1979 we were very unlucky with our results initially, our season turned round on a magnificent away win at Forest, then Champions of Europe, and we finally ended the season well away from the relegation places. So, maybe patience and understanding will be the key to achieving the same end this time round.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree, I think we're going to lose 0-3. It's going to take a while to get used to this level. I'm sure our wonderful fans will be patient and understand this.
I do too, but I think you're being unfair and a bit too snug and superior in taking the piss out of our fans for this. We are no worse than anywhere else and indeed, Hughton's comments after Man City suggest we are actually more patient than most.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Last season Watford who finished just outside relegation took points in 18 of the 38 league games. Thats the size of the task ahead. 11 wins and 7 draws. I am guessing that if we manage that then most points will come from the 19 home games with just a few aways contributing so not sure we will get much from this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here