Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridiculous Game - Thoughts from an Owl

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Have to say for me - would have been disappointed had the positions re red card been reversed, however following that we did well.

Very happy with win, particularly in view of injuries.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace against a young pro who has only just come back from a year out through injury.

****ing disgusting. He deserves something very bad happening to him.

More mind boggling considering Hutchinson himself retired from the game at age 21. Let the team and fans down.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
[MENTION=34364]CarlosTheOwl[/MENTION], there is a lot of angst on Owlstalk about McManaman, and how he is a walking red card. What do you reckon?
Also, the Massive fans on there are very fair about tonight and extremely fair, this is the Internet, what the hell is that all about!!

After the sending off would have taken a draw and a point, but the Little Magician had other ideas.

Not sure when you play Leeds next, but I for one will be cheering your boys on.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I like Hutchinson as a player but does need to kerb his aggression a litte but only if it don't take away from his game. He is just one of those that opponents love to hate. Which does show great commitment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought the Fletcher red was a bit harsh actually, would've given a yellow each to him and Stephens.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace against a young pro who has only just come back from a year out through injury.

Yes, how the heck was that not a straight red?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I don't know but if you look on our forum we are all as confused. He's only been here a few weeks and has had 4 sub appearances to his name yet seems to act like he's carrying the weight of the whole team and turns into some sort of crazed maniac in the style of golem.

Yeah he's an odd one alright!

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
[MENTION=34364]CarlosTheOwl[/MENTION], there is a lot of angst on Owlstalk about McManaman, and how he is a walking red card. What do you reckon?
Also, the Massive fans on there are very fair about tonight and extremely fair, this is the Internet, what the hell is that all about!!

After the sending off would have taken a draw and a point, but the Little Magician had other ideas.

Not sure when you play Leeds next, but I for one will be cheering your boys on.

Check out my comment above R.E Mcmanaman. And Owlstalk is fair because it was our own implosion. Being honest we should've beaten you tonight in the position we found ourselves in. It's probably the most relevant definition of 'imploding' that I can recall seeing from us. Cheers for the comments though no matter how unpopular we may be on here L**ds are always worse. :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks [MENTION=34364]CarlosTheOwl[/MENTION] for your gracious comments. I was actually impressed by your team's play tonight, that is until your players lost it after our goal. Good luck for the rest of the season, especially against dirty Leeds and the Geordies!

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

Couldn't agree more and said very similar at the time.
The only intent there was to harm. Disgusting

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Especially when he is a player that knows what it's like to have career ending injury problems. He must be completely thick in the head.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
The thing with Hutch as well is that he was really trying hard to calm Fletcher down just moments earlier. Bizarre.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thanks for the post OP. I just had a look at Owlstalk and there's a thread claiming that Stephens should've been sent off as well, and that they think that he'll get retrospective action - bit concerning that as we need him. I certainly can't see what he was supposed to have done, either live on on the Sky highlights. Is it just a bunch of myopic fans being bad losers?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Check out my comment above R.E Mcmanaman. And Owlstalk is fair because it was our own implosion. Being honest we should've beaten you tonight in the position we found ourselves in. It's probably the most relevant definition of 'imploding' that I can recall seeing from us. Cheers for the comments though no matter how unpopular we may be on here L**ds are always worse. [emoji38]ol:
I'm not sure you're unpopular on here, it's just that Owlstalk and NSC have had a good natured rivalry for a few years now. And despite that, I've been quite impressed with how fair that board has been in recent weeks.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thanks for the post OP. I just had a look at Owlstalk and there's a thread claiming that Stephens should've been sent off as well, and that they think that he'll get retrospective action - bit concerning that as we need him. I certainly can't see what he was supposed to have done, either live on on the Sky highlights. Is it just a bunch of myopic fans being bad losers?

Stephens won't get retrospective action. If the ref had seen it he would have got a yellow. It was the over reaction and the head butt that got the Sheff Wed player sent off.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I'm not sure you're unpopular on here, it's just that Owlstalk and NSC have had a good natured rivalry for a few years now. And despite that, I've been quite impressed with how fair that board has been in recent weeks.

I guess so and actually I'd find it difficult to impossible to actually come out and post if it was the pigs or L**ds and not yourselves. :rolleyes:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stephens won't get retrospective action. If the ref had seen it he would have got a yellow. It was the over reaction and the head butt that got the Sheff Wed player sent off.

They're talking about a forearm to the head though. Did this happen? I was momentarily distracted at the time the replays were being shown straight after the incident, but there's nothing on the Sky highlights other than the girly headbutt from Fletcher.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here