Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to say this but,

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree,this could be another "Spanish Dave? What does he do?" thread.....they may be right,he may also once settled,had a lot of clubs bump his games and goals per season up,he can finish no doubts,perhaps a forward option if the season takes it's toll also.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I've got nothing against skalak. He seems to be a decent person. I hope people don't single him out. He may shine in games but I doubt it will be against the big guns. We will learn by this performance. It's a marathon not a sprint. Keep the faith.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jesus at least give the.lad time to get match fit again did everyone miss him out pace Ritchie in the second half to win the ball back.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Big fan, absolutely quality winger.

CH starts him over Murphy and Lua Lua so I'd suggest he isn't rubbish and plays a big role for us.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I think we have this season's target for abuse.

If he has a good game the haters will go quiet, as soon as he has a bad game there's a thread to single him out.

He's had a bad start to the season, but he doesn't deserve some of the comments on this thread.

His delivery can be sublime, but frankly he does not do tanywhere near enough over 90 minutes, at si her end. Same was true last season - he is a fantastic luxury to take dead balls, but assuming we are not going to move to a US sports special teams / 45 players system anytime soon; then I would like to see his chances to start the game being severely limited

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The midfield lost the battle today simply because Kayal had nobody to pick up from his fighting for the ball. Sidwell was poor and should have been substituted after 20 mins and I dont think that Norwood gelled with Kayal. There is only 1 player who does and he sat the match out on the bench for possibly the last time in a Brighton shirt, hope not but it looks like it could be. No other reason to not bring him on surely.
IMHO Murphy is not the complete answer but offers more than Skalak.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I don't think Skalak is that bad. However I don't expect him to be an ever present first choice in the team anyway. Seems to me that the understanding with Bong isn't there. At the start of last season Lualua and Bong worked well together. We need either to bring in Rosenior or to experiment to find the best wing partner with Bong

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The midfield lost the battle today simply because Kayal had nobody to pick up from his fighting for the ball. Sidwell was poor and should have been substituted after 20 mins and I dont think that Norwood gelled with Kayal. There is only 1 player who does and he sat the match out on the bench for possibly the last time in a Brighton shirt, hope not but it looks like it could be. No other reason to not bring him on surely.
IMHO Murphy is not the complete answer but offers more than Skalak.

Nail on the head

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I feel a bit sorry for Murphy this season. Never lets us down and chips in with goals. I'd like to see him and Rosenior paired up on the left side until March is fully fit. Kayal and Norwood (hopefully Stephens but not feeling confident about that) in the middle with March and AK either side would be very strong. Sidwell is another that doesn't quite do it for me. Fine as back-up but if we're playing 2 centre mids against the strongest team in the league he isn't good enough.

Given that our main game plan was to win free kicks and get crosses in the box, the delivery was quite poor. Considering the amount of opportunities we had in good positions, we really should have scored, which is worrying as I thought we'd got over our historic aversion to goals at the end of last season/beginning of this. Murray was totally isolated and, whether a red card or not, Baldock was a complete fool for doing what he did just as it seemed we were getting back into it. That's another thing we really need to eradicate - getting sent off in big games. Happened with Dunk and Stephens in very crucial games at the end of last season and, whether unjust or not, I'm not so sure it's a coincidence.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Seemed very up to this level last season. He came back late from the European Championships (where he was our only representative and which, I believe, is considered a decent level) and will need a bit more time to get back into it. He's comfortably our best left winger at the moment in my opinion.

Murphy for all that he can be good, so often completely disappears. I literally forgot he was on the pitch against Rotherham again.

Lua Lua is explosive but dangerously inconsistent.

Both are great against poor opposition, not so much against top ones.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Skalak is not up to this level of football. He may be popular and much loved but needs to improve. He's a one trick pony but he needs to be more than that.

Clearly controversial, but I agree. Awaiting the post bombing. Skalak does not have what it takes to be an outstanding winger (or player). I await Solly's return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here