Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bridcutts value in your opinion

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd personally rate Bridcutt at £3m but I can see him going for £2.5m plus add on's. It wouldn't surprise me to see another Prem club entering the bidding and I'd love to see Poyet's face if we accepted a bid from another club but not Sunderland's.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
£3 million is good business. He's a good player, given great service and Sunderland, even if they go down, are a big club so it is career progression for him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
3.5 million max. Bet we get less than that. 2.75 million with clauses aplenty.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Poor old Gus! It would appear our ceiling is now higher than his present one.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Radio Sussex reporting that Sunderland have upped their offer to £2.3m. Not enough IMO

Same "improved" offer being quoted in the Times this morning as well, dissappointing if that is the figure as I feel anything less than £3mill is undervalued (to us) but who knows.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
What I mean is "holding midfielders" who "break up play" aren't effective at winning games at our level. Liam holds the midfield very well, but in my opinion it stagnates how we could play.

So we don't need a good goalkeeper either then?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that 3M plus add ons dependent on avoiding relegation to take it to a potential 5M, and also a sell on %age would be a decent deal. It would make it very satisfying to see them to stay up at the expense of Palace knowing that it would also earn us an extra 2M.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
£5m, and that would be higher if he had longer left on his deal. Joe Allen went for £15m after one season in the Premier League playing a very similar role. Liam may not have played in the top division yet but he is clearly more than capable as his outstanding performances against Premier League opposition and for Scotland have shown. In addition, the chap who wants to buy him thinks he is good enough to play for Real Madrid. That may just be a tad fanciful but he is obviously good enough to play for one of the lesser Premier League lights at the very least.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have always thought around the £3million mark is about right.

People need to appreciate the silly money spent on Wilfried Zaha and mentioned for people like Will Hughes is as much paying for their potential as the player they are at present. Bridcutt is in his mid twenties so not as much room for drastic improvement.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£4M or £3.5M plus add-ons.

Dear Gus - £2.3M is taking the p1ss and, if you're not careful, another club will come in with a bid that isn't derisory, and you will miss the opportunity to bring in a player that in your words is capable of playing for Real Madrid (he is good, but he isn't that good).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No. I think that what they are currently offering (based on bugger all information leaking out) is likely to be a low cash offer with add-ons which will probably give us little more. On that basis I am saying tout him round and either sell elsewhere or get Sunderland to put in a bid which favours us more (including a mega sell-on!).

Do you really think we would have a add on based on Sunderland staying up! I would be surprised and disappointed if we did. I think if anything the sell on clause would be loaded, as the chances are Poyet will soon become bored of not being the Chelsea manager and move on, and I could see Bridcutt following him around like a lost dog. I think an appearance based add on, with a sell on as a back up will be the way it goes.

I think his true value is between £2-£3m, but the Poyet factor may just push it up a little. I would be happy with between £2.5 and £3m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here