Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was coming on as a substitute, he was never a regular until JMac got injured.
But injuries are part of it. Someone was injured, so Mile was first choice. Just like LuaLua and March got injured so other wingers got a chance, and Uve got inured so Goldson got a chance - those that got injured are no longer first choice, that's football.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Jedinak would not have been a first team regular had JM and Caybaye not been injured during the season. You've attempted to make it look like he started 35 games when reality is half of them were as s sub and another half wouldn't have happened unless for the injuries I have mentioned. I love Mile but he is was in no way a first choice midfielder for us.

So you're bringing Cabaye into this? You said that Jedinak was gonna be replaced by McArthur, apparently Cabaye is a world beater and would probably walk into any team, he's the saviour of CPFC isn't he?
For the record, I said that he made 35 appearances, I didn't suggest if they were starts, or even 2 minute cameos at the end, but appearances.

Just use this as a lesson. Stop talking shite without working out the facts first. Like your 'bet', you're just moving the goalposts to suit yourself.

Plus he's better than Kayal anyway!

Good night

That's your parting shot? Wow, kinda feel like i've wasted my time on some school kid. Probably have as well. Here's a tip: when you're on your paper round in the morning, put the papers through the letterbox, rather than dumping them in a skip. We know it's where you came from, but people have paid for it so want some return...a bit like the Ambulance service...remember them?

Sweet dreams :kiss:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You're going to need to give that £100 to Bozza for safekeeping. It's not difficult to picture you disappearing from the forum if you lose the bet.

That won't happen. The giving it to Bozza bit, the Houdini act, that's a shoe-in.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Just edited my error. In all honesty do you this it's good business?

Read both of your posts and they seem to be one of the reasonable few so far in this thread.

I think Benteke is a brilliant signing, an upgrade on Murray(who some **** decided to sell). I know 30 million is crazy money but in the premier league it's about the going rate for a decent striker. Some players just don't gel at some clubs, like Murray at Bournemouth. But nobody apart from deluded idiots can deny hes a good striker.

As for Pardew, the bloke is a ****. I was not happy when he joined, then I was pleasantly surprised at our form and now I am cataclysmic in how much I want him gone. Same old tactics and same stupid decisions regarding subs. The best business we could have done all summer is getting rid of him, but somehow he is still there. I know some are saying give him time but how long do we give him, it's not like we said get rid after a few poor performances. I fail to see what Parish sees in him, someone gave me a reason he is still there and it is the only logical one I have heard.

Despite Pardew I still think we will survive and Benteke will help us do that. It's just a shame that Bolasie will not be able to provide crosses or Jedinak will be able to mop up after the forwards, but what do I know.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Read both of your posts and they seem to be one of the reasonable few so far in this thread.

I think Benteke is a brilliant signing, an upgrade on Murray(who some **** decided to sell). I know 30 million is crazy money but in the premier league it's about the going rate for a decent striker. Some players just don't gel at some clubs, like Murray at Bournemouth. But nobody apart from deluded idiots can deny hes a good striker.

As for Pardew, the bloke is a ****. I was not happy when he joined, then I was pleasantly surprised at our form and now I am cataclysmic in how much I want him gone. Same old tactics and same stupid decisions regarding subs. The best business we could have done all summer is getting rid of him, but somehow he is still there. I know some are saying give him time but how long do we give him, it's not like we said get rid after a few poor performances. I fail to see what Parish sees in him, someone gave me a reason he is still there and it is the only logical one I have heard.

Despite Pardew I still think we will survive and Benteke will help us do that. It's just a shame that Bolasie will not be able to provide crosses or Jedinak will be able to mop up after the forwards, but what do I know.

Good post, but incorrect re Murray, we did not sell him, we did not offer him the contract he wanted so we put our money on Craig Mackell Smith, which at the time was in the view of most Brighton fans a good deal. Think at the time Palace would have taken CMS over Murray, in hindsight not a great decision by Gus.

On Pardew, my Palace mates agree with you, they can't stand him(apparently the players call
Him chocolate as he loves himself so much he could lick himself if he could).

Well you watch Palace more than us and respect your opinion, but my mate who is a Palace fan reckon this is the worst team and player attitude for a number of years and has put quite a bit of money on them going down and told me to do the same. All i know is that you were very poor second half of season and not really improved your team yet, so forgetting the rivalry thing, think at this time is stasticslly a very tempting bet and the bookies agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Good post, but incorrect re Murray, we did not sell him, we did not offer him the contract he wanted so we put our money on Craig Mackell Smith, which at the time was in the view of most Brighton fans a good deal. Think at the time Palace would have taken CMS over Murray, in hindsight not a great decision by Gus.

On Pardew, my Palace mates agree with you, they can't stand him(apparently the players call
Him chocolate as he loves himself so much he could lick himself if he could).

Well you watch Palace more than us and respect your opinion, but my mate who is a Palace fan reckon this is the worst team and player attitude for a number of years and has put quite a bit of money on them going down and told me to do the same. All i know is that you were very poor second half of season and not really improved your team yet, so forgetting the rivalry thing, think at this time is stasticslly a very tempting bet and the bookies agree.

Apologies mate think the #### was the palace person who sold him,not Gus.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
30 mill would have gone a long way towards improving the infrastructure, but hey.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

if you stay up it's money well spent, while it's a huge amount of money it's almost par for Premier clubs.
I've heard the squad aren't happy with the departure of Jedinak, that said a few I know feel his time is up and time to move on.
With reference to Pardew ignoring him as a person the jury is out as he hasn't really achieved long term anywhere.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pardew was Newcastle manager when they sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool, Pardew is now Palace boss. This is Liverpools **** you to Pardew over the Carroll deal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Palace are signing an excellent striker there. Him and Townsend could form a brilliant partnership if they get on the same wavelength.

Sorry. I mean, rah rah rah he's RUBBISH...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Benteke is ultimately a £8-10 million player tops. He's strong and good in the air but isn't particularly pacy, clearly has attitude problems, doesn't seem able to play with the ball at his feet and will undoubtedly piss off the bulk of the squad who will be earning a quarter of what he is.

Complete panic buy, a la Adebayor. If there weren't so many poor teams in the PL this season, I'd be taking Palace to go down at 9/2.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think Benteke is a quality player. Liverpool never suited his style. Same with CMS down here.
He's a strong physical player who feeds off people and scraps.
You don't score as many as he did for Villa without being a quality player. He's still young. Great signing for them IMO

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Benteke is ultimately a £8-10 million player tops. He's strong and good in the air but isn't particularly pacy, clearly has attitude problems, doesn't seem able to play with the ball at his feet and will undoubtedly piss off the bulk of the squad who will be earning a quarter of what he is.

Complete panic buy, a la Adebayor. If there weren't so many poor teams in the PL this season, I'd be taking Palace to go down at 9/2.

He really isn't. He scored 49 goals in 101 games for Villa. The bloke is class when he gets a run in a side.

boik

30 mill would have gone a long way towards improving the infrastructure, but hey.

That's what I don't get. If I was a Palace fan I'd be angry at giving the money to a Ferrari dealership rather than improving our home.

People may wind us up about TB being our sugar daddy, but at least he spends it on the important things first. Overpaid players may be heroes for a season but the ground and training ground are here for everyone for always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here