Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Starting to wonder if all the leavers are just closest foreign haters, I for one have white friends, black friends, a friend from Scotland, Greece, Romania and Poland, all of them work, maybe I should be voting IN just for them

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Priti Patel, Tory Minister and leading Leave supporter says when we are out of the EU the VAT on gas and electricity bills can be abolished which 'will help the poorest'.
On 28 Jun 2010:
Priti Patel voted to raise VAT to 20% from the 4th of January 2011.
On 28 Jun 2011:
Priti Patel voted not to decrease the main rate of VAT by 2.5% to 17.5% for one year as of the 30th of August 2011.
On 3 Jul 2012:
Priti Patel voted against cutting VAT from 20% to 17.5%
On 18 Apr 2013:
Priti Patel voted against reducing VAT from 20% to 17.5%
Trust Priti to have our best interests at heart

She must have been very lonely,doing all that voting on her own.She must have been in total despair that none of the Remainers voted exactly the same way.Or maybe,in your own little world,thats how you think it went.Grow up,ffs.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Starting to wonder if all the leavers are just closest foreign haters, I for one have white friends, black friends, a friend from Scotland, Greece, Romania and Poland, all of them work, maybe I should be voting IN just for them

I don't hate my closest foreigner,Shabeer and me are good mates.I'm glad you have so many friends-isn't Facebook wonderful.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Indeed Brexit is no silver bullet for immigration, that who think that it will are seriously deluded

To me the risk / reward of leave just doesn't add up for Brexit. We risk the economy, the very existence of the UK, not to mention applease the likes of Galloway, Farage, Boris and Gove

Meanwhile Putin would like a Brexit, anything to weaken Europe and increase of chances of a Baltic states land grab
NATO is the only deterrent to Russian aggression. Of the EU countries only France and the UK could put a credible all-arms force into the field.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How the UK is being asset stripped using EUSSR money.

Well worth a read this one.

"Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.

Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.

British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.

Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.

Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.

M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.

Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.

Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.

Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.

Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.

Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.

ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs

Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.

JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.

UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.

Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.

Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.

The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.

Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.

39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU

The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematical-ly asset-stripped from the UK.

This list keeps being posted multiple times on this thread. Since the privatisation drives constantly from the 80's, successive governments have taken trillions in investment public and private from anywhere. I am not sure how much the EU has had in these processes. Its a global market now and the UK has firmly stuffed its manufacturing base for the services industry.

Will Dyson one of Brexits big voices move all his manufacturing back from Malaysia, whatever way the vote goes, I think not, will companies like Nissan and Toyota who set up in the UK to sell half a million cars into Europe each year leave?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't hate my closest foreigner,Shabeer and me are good mates.I'm glad you have so many friends-isn't Facebook wonderful.
At least I know how to work Facebook Grandad![emoji23]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wow. Now it all makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Glad I could help, one step at a time my aim is for everyone to realise [emoji106]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Genuinely - you absolutely should.

D

Deleted member 22389

Closet foreign haters? My mum is Italian came to this country in 1964, but I am voting Leave. There are lots of migrants voting Leave as well, more than you think. Are they foreign haters as well?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here