Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
finished putting it back together today. Proud of the result

So you should be. That's mint.

Dunno who he is, but as pleased as I was to be running second on a couple of the team leaderboards, a monster ride bumped me down to third. Well done that fella. And an eye waterer from you-know-who too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just back from the juniors meeting at the go-cart track.

Normally there are 2 groups, big and 'lil'uns'.
So there's plenty of racing as well as resting.

Tonight there was only a couple of big kids (TT @ Goodwood tonight) so they all got lumped in together.

Each lap is .3 of a mile and tonight they raced:-

1x 5 lap scratch.
4 x 5 lap handicaps.
1 x 4 lap Kierin.
1 x 1 lap TT.

There was a fair bit of tired kids grizzling by the end, bless them.
Happy sleep won't be a problem tonight.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Just back from the juniors meeting at the go-cart track.

Normally there are 2 groups, big and 'lil'uns'.
So there's plenty of racing as well as resting.

Tonight there was only a couple of big kids (TT @ Goodwood tonight) so they all got lumped in together.

Each lap is .3 of a mile and tonight they raced:-

1x 5 lap scratch.
4 x 5 lap handicaps.
1 x 4 lap Kierin.
1 x 1 lap TT.

There was a fair bit of tired kids grizzling by the end, bless them.
Happy sleep won't be a problem tonight.
Good stuff. Would fancy a TT round goodwood - exposed and hard work. Used to race there when I was 15/16 - it was a handicap so hell for leather from the start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good stuff. Would fancy a TT round goodwood - exposed and hard work. Used to race there when I was 15/16 - it was a handicap so hell for leather from the start.
I'm not sure if they still race round the track, a la the 1973 (?) World Championship.
It definitely got cancelled a couple of years ago, and they were certainly open road TT-ing around Goodwood a couple of weeks ago.

I think Dunsfold (famous for Top Gear) was the track that was being used, certainly last season.
[MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] will know.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I'm not sure if they still race round the track, a la the 1973 (?) World Championship.
It definitely got cancelled a couple of years ago, and they were certainly open road TT-ing around Goodwood a couple of weeks ago.

I think Dunsfold (famous for Top Gear) was the track that was being used, certainly last season.
[MENTION=23986]Glanders[/MENTION] will know.
Yeah, it was the 1973 track we used.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Live coverage from the start today. Crazy big break away now, though it as not settled down to it's final composition. Some decent names in there, Visconti, Formolo, Clarke, Danielson. Think they have a chance of staying away today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Kreuziger chasing, Cataldo already there as well. Real shake up on the cards here.

Could be Clarke, Kreuziger, Cataldo, Amador or Visconti in Pink by the end of this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kreuziger chasing, Cataldo already there as well. Real shake up on the cards here.

Could be Clarke, Kreuziger, Cataldo, Amador or Visconti in Pink by the end of this.

No point trying to summarise what is going on with 50km to go, suffice to say, it is absolutely all over the place! What a stage.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No point trying to summarise what is going on with 50km to go, suffice to say, it is absolutely all over the place! What a stage.

Agreed. So glad I am seeing this live. No point watching highlights of this, you would need to watch the whole thing back again. Fascinating viewing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Or Esteban Chaves.

Indeed. Though he had been dropped when I said that. Lots of yo-yoing in and out of that lead group today. I hope one of the Movistar riders get Pink, as that will make for an interesting race. Though Kreuziger could well upset the Tinkoff breakfast table if it is him.

That said Astana may well bring it all back together the way they are going.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Indeed. Though he had been dropped when I said that. Lots of yo-yoing in and out of that lead group today. I hope one of the Movistar riders get Pink, as that will make for an interesting race. Though Kreuziger could well upset the Tinkoff breakfast table if it is him.

That said Astana may well bring it all back together the way they are going.

Crazy stuff. They've got another 3 weeks of this to ride!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a ride by the youngster, still looks like a junior!

With all the technology and communications, nothing like seeing a rider think he's won when someone has already gone through 30 secs before! :lolol:

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wow!

Best GT stage ever? Certainly the best for a good few years.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He said in the interview right after that reaction was his emotions showing for getting the pink jersey.

Yeah, that's what he said on interview, however the TV pictures show him celebrating big time as he crosses the line, a Movistar rider then clearly pointing ahead and obviously telling him someone finished ahead, and Simon drops his hands in disappointment and holds his head. He definitely thought he'd won that stage.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yeah, that's what he said on interview, however the TV pictures show him celebrating big time as he crosses the line, a Movistar rider then clearly pointing ahead and obviously telling him someone finished ahead, and Simon drops his hands in disappointment and holds his head. He definitely thought he'd won that stage.

Yep, definitely thought he had won the stage. Visconti tells him Formolo was ahead then his hands go to his head. Pretty good second prize though.

Can see Chavez in Pink tomorrow as well. Greenedge are pretty good at this Giro lark aren't they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was all action.

Clarke was celebrating the 'win', anything he said afterwards is BS.
Visconti must have enjoyed pissing on his chips, but not as much as I enjoyed watching it.

Great riding by all concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here