Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A great game I really enjoyed our defensive display Ryan and the four in front of him were outstanding abley supported by the rest of the team and as for Murray one chance one goal.

Wolves very quick going forward but 27 chances and no goals!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bruno was ripped to bits by their pace and lacked his usual technique.

This is the full back who 'plays the full back role better than another FB in the PL?' Who was up against one of the fastest wingers in the PL and 'had him in his pocket the whole game'? Whose 'positioning was excellent' and whose service to his forward players was top class?

Nothing to do with me, those opinions - I wasn't there - I was just quoting the comments of the former Arsenal and England player who was monitoring the match for SSN and was full of the highest praise for Bruno's performance today. Highly fulsome praise in fact - all the more impressive because of his general (as perceived by NSC anyway) dismissal of all things Albion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is the full back who 'plays the full back role better than another FB in the PL?' Who was up against one of the fastest wingers in the PL and 'had him in his pocket the whole game'? Whose 'positioning was excellent' and whose service to his forward players was top class?

Nothing to do with me, those opinions - I wasn't there - I was just quoting the comments of the former Arsenal and England player who was monitoring the match for SSN and was full of the highest praise for Bruno's performance today. Highly fulsome praise in fact - all the more impressive because of his general (as perceived by NSC anyway) dismissal of all things Albion.

So you’re arguing with someone who was there by quoting someone you watched watching it on TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So you’re arguing with someone who was there by quoting someone you watched watching it on TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've bought me a bear so I don't want to contradict you too much..... I don't think Bruno was ripped to bits , he was left occasionally by their play but when it mattered he was usually in the right position.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You make it sound like the medical advice was that Murray should play. I don't mean to be picky, but I am pretty confident the medical advice would have been 'you are clear to play, if you feel up to it, if the manager wants to pick you'. So playing Murray isn't 'following medical advice' and not playing him wouldn't have been 'ignoring medical advice'. Our doctors don't pick the team, they just say whether they are medically clear to play, should Hughton wish to use them.

I was power-phrasing. No reason to draw an argument out further! Someone having an opinion that Glenn should be unnecessary rested is the context here.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was power-phrasing. No reason to draw an argument out further! Someone having an opinion that Glenn should be unnecessary rested is the context here.

You were trying to suggest someone's position went against authoritative expertise when it didn't.

What's power-phrasing when it's at home?

I thought he meant paraphrasing, but that wouldn't be right because he wasn't actually paraphrasing, he was misrepresenting. Then I thought 'power-phrasing' was maybe some sort of 'blue sky thinking' phraseology. Pumping up a phrase to give it more strength than it deserves, which is more fitting, but equally poor form for discussions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Nothing to do with me, those opinions" - did you not read that bit? So no, I'm not arguing with anybody.

So you quoted me and posted it why?

You've bought me a bear so I don't want to contradict you too much..... I don't think Bruno was ripped to bits , he was left occasionally by their play but when it mattered he was usually in the right position.

Contradict as much as you want, it's a game of opinions. I contradict one of my drinking pals on football all the time :wink:

I didn't really clarify enough as it was a sub-point in a list of points. Bruno's experience, their poor finishing and our two heading-magnate centre backs stop us getting completely done over in these situations as the clean sheet attests. But what I mean was he was seriously done for pace by Traore on more than one occasion and it was getting quite scary. That diagonal ball over to the other side caught Bong out at least three times in the first half too. A team with better finishing would have buried us in the first half. The goal came at exactly the right time.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You were trying to suggest someone's position went against authoritative expertise when it didn't.

I thought he meant paraphrasing, but that wouldn't be right because he wasn't actually paraphrasing, he was misrepresenting. Then I thought 'power-phrasing' was maybe some sort of 'blue sky thinking' phraseology. Pumping up a phrase to give it more strength than it deserves, which is more fitting, but equally poor form for discussions.

You know I meant paraphrasing. Technology isn’t always perfect! And yes, you were nitpicking. You still are. ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bruno was desperately poor in first half.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bruno was desperately poor in first half.

A brilliant FB at the end of his career, against international wingers (a club who’ve cheated their way to this sudden heady position. 2 years ago Wolves were nothing).

Bruno was picked on merit and we won through brilliant defence, plus Bruno/Muzza’s goal.

Happy days to be an Albion fan. If we can’t be happy tonight, we never will be.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A brilliant FB at the end of his career, against international wingers (a club who’ve cheated their way to this sudden heady position. 2 years ago Wolves were nothing).

Bruno was picked on merit and we won through brilliant defence, plus Bruno/Muzza’s goal.

Happy days to be an Albion fan. If we can’t be happy tonight, we never will be.

I'm not saying he's a bad fullback just that the first half was a long way from his normal high standards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here