Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2-0 up at half-time. Two more for Niakate, Tau assisted both.

I can still see Barber trying to lo-ball the owner of Union Saint-Gilloise if the Albion want to sing Niakate.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Today's opponents, Leuven, are owned by Leicester's owners. Nigel Pearson currently manages them, but the Leuven fans want him out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today's opponents, Leuven, are owned by Leicester's owners. Nigel Pearson currently manages them, but the Leuven fans want him out.

Pearson must be used to that by now.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Promotion rules. 2 league tables One for each half of season and winners of each league play off for promotion. Very odd

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Promotion rules. 2 league tables One for each half of season and winners of each league play off for promotion. Very odd
At least if the same team wins both the 1st half and the 2nd half of the season, they go up automatically with no playoff against themselves.

How far out of the centre of Brussels is it?

I went in the international break. The ground is very walkable in 25mins or a quick 5 minutes by tram from Brussels Midi station where Eurostar terminates.

The ground is in the opposite direction from the city centre (from the station), but has some awesome bars a short detour from the direct walk to the ground. Ones that are definitely well worth a visit include Moeder Lambic and Dynamo Bar both of which have a huge selection of beers with a craft edge (if you like that kind of thing). The stadium has a clubhouse fans gathered around here pre-game out on the street behind the main stand drinking in the build-up. Was a bit disorganised to get in (don't leave it until the last minute or you'll be left outside), inside you get drinks throughout the game and drink in the stands.

The fans were really friendly they spoke great english (like most people in Brussels) which made it really easy to chat. They (as you would expect) were really vocal throughout the game and made a real atmosphere throughout with a range of different chants. I met a few member of the Union Bhoys and they were a top bunch. They have sent some people to Brighton, just as a few of us seem to be making the trip over to them. I suspect if we don't nick their top talent then the bond between the two clubs can grow.

I can't wait to go again!

UnionSG.jpgUnionBhoys.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I went in the international break. The ground is very walkable in 25mins or a quick 5 minutes by tram from Brussels Midi station where Eurostar terminates.

The ground is in the opposite direction from the city centre (from the station), but has some awesome bars a short detour from the direct walk to the ground. Ones that are definitely well worth a visit include Moeder Lambic and Dynamo Bar both of which have a huge selection of beers with a craft edge (if you like that kind of thing). The stadium has a clubhouse fans gathered around here pre-game out on the street behind the main stand drinking in the build-up. Was a bit disorganised to get in (don't leave it until the last minute or you'll be left outside), inside you get drinks throughout the game and drink in the stands.

The fans were really friendly they spoke great english (like most people in Brussels) which made it really easy to chat. They (as you would expect) were really vocal throughout the game and made a real atmosphere throughout with a range of different chants. I met a few member of the Union Bhoys and they were a top bunch. They have sent some people to Brighton, just as a few of us seem to be making the trip over to them. I suspect if we don't nick their top talent then the bond between the two clubs can grow.

I can't wait to go again!

View attachment 100960View attachment 100961
Use to go to Belgium a lot. Found the people there much more friendly than the French.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here