Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
This thread is titled things that make you cringe, correct?
Ok, my views may be dated but I was just being honest. Don't honestly give a monkeys if I've upset anyone, wasn't my intention, but it's a shrug my shoulders if it offended

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Actually, did anyone see Robbie Williams on the X-Factor on Saturday?

If you did you'll know what I'm talking about. The very definition of "cringe" right there.

Is Robbie Williams' wife really Iggy Pop?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Currently it's a fashion abomination. And yes what do I know I'm old git in my early 50's.

I can tolerate young geezers in the skinny jeans after all I recall them first time around. However, it's teaming then with shiny formal slip on loafers and no socks! Even worse the other day when I saw some bloke with the no socks and loafers combo teamed with a totally formally work suit.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Balding blokes with some form of pony or rats tail at the back.

Occaasionally on TV they might be interviewing a middle-aged male professor/lecturer in engineering or astrophysics, apparently balding, who turn round to reveal a rats tail hairstyle down their back. Very distracting. Very yuck.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Balding blokes with some form of pony or rats tail at the back.

Occaasionally on TV they might be interviewing a middle-aged male professor/lecturer in engineering or astrophysics, apparently balding, who turn round to reveal a rats tail hairstyle down their back. Very distracting. Very yuck.

f0071e79c93f87d900ab7f92248831c0.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Childish nicknames for our players, eg "Muzza", "Knocky". Just use their damn name.

Someone calling Baldock "Balders" last season made me be sick in my mouth.

Get over it, Pupster. :rolleyes::wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Currently it's a fashion abomination. And yes what do I know I'm old git in my early 50's.

I can tolerate young geezers in the skinny jeans after all I recall them first time around. However, it's teaming then with shiny formal slip on loafers and no socks! Even worse the other day when I saw some bloke with the no socks and loafers combo teamed with a totally formally work suit.

The Folkestone manager at Burgess Hill Town on Saturday was wearing a dark blue check sports jacket, trousers, blue suede brogues and no socks. Guessing he was about 60-65, on the large size, perma-tanned and with swept back grey hair. Looked like a poor mans Ron Atkinson.

Also think he only knew a handful of words. His assistant kept saying ‘yes boss’ and ‘agree boss’.

Edit - here they are

70d30f814c514a03ebc0318b818ec8b7.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Running off to 'teacher' instead of dealing with issues properly.
As typified by one of Bozza's posts in the latest 'things aren't as good as they used to be' thread.

Snidey little cowards, (although one of them is hardly surprising)

Have you had your collar felt? Worsted is much more hard wearing. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Folkestone manager at Burgess Hill Town on Saturday was wearing a dark blue check sports jacket, trousers, blue suede brogues and no socks. Guessing he was about 60-65, on the large size, perma-tanned and with swept back grey hair. Looked like a poor mans Ron Atkinson.

Also think he only knew a handful of words. His assistant kept saying ‘yes boss’ and ‘agree boss’.

Edit - here they are

70d30f814c514a03ebc0318b818ec8b7.jpg

You have cut his socks off! I'm OUT!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This wasn’t from the game on Saturday......and anyway, read my post. He DOESN’T WEAR SOCKS.

Or have actual feet? How can we tell ???

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I’m just waiting for the classic “all they rap about is drugs*, money and girls” line. That’s always a good laugh, just for how monumentally stupid is.

*Please disregard my signature whilst I’m on my soapbox having a rant. Thank you,

and naughty words they use a lot of very naughty words

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
innit, fam, babes & anyone easily offended.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's not funny, he's puke inducingly smug, he laughs at his own unfunny jokes in a puke inducingly smug way and he's not funny.

Actually, McIntyre is very funny but realise you have probably lost all your sense of humour, what with being in Sheffield and all that.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What genuinely makes me cringe is people taking a kind of mocking pride in being thick. There is some guy called Joey Essex who pops up on some of the panel shows I like every now and again and basically sits there making stupid remarks and getting stuff absurdly wrong followed by "Uh, oh, uhm what am I like he!" or "Sorry I don't spell to good hahahah".

For ****s sake! These village idiots wouldn't have been let out the house 20 years ago, now we're parading them on telly. So that. That's what makes me genuinely cringe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What genuinely makes me cringe is people taking a kind of mocking pride in being thick. There is some guy called Joey Essex who pops up on some of the panel shows I like every now and again and basically sits there making stupid remarks and getting stuff absurdly wrong followed by "Uh, oh, uhm what am I like he!" or "Sorry I don't spell to good hahahah".

For ****s sake! These village idiots wouldn't have been let out the house 20 years ago, now we're parading them on telly. So that. That's what makes me genuinely cringe.

Jedward are up there too.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials

‘Too’ good

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Jedward are up there too.

Yep. There is a herd of them that all act in the same stupid way. We should be marginalising these dingbats, ot celebrating them.

I saw some young lass on X Factor on the weekend. From the Philippines. When asked why she was doing this she said "All I ever wanted (sorry I can't do the accent). all I ever wanted was to be internationally famous, for everyone to know me" She was 14 I think. She went on to murder Purple Rain and was cheered and clapped and told she was wonderful. She was mediocre at best.
Why do we encourage this behaviour? It's truly cringe inducing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here